View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
...spreadsheets...
Good to see you again, sgosnell, :-)

I do data entry on spreadsheet 5 to 10 times a day. YES, 5 to 10 times a day, everyday, and of course today too

Ironically spreadsheet is what got me interested in the tablet in the very 1st place. I was using winCE, a Dell Axim which is still sitting at the table top corner now, the screen real estate is so small, that even with the 'real' M$ excel, I see only 3 columns and 7 rows. Yah, you have excel, but it is pretty much useless because of the small screen real estate/resolution, kind of like using spreadsheet on a cell phone, then I came across 770 with numeric ............................

My point, just like everything in life, large and small is relative.

I do agree with you about data entry on the tablet is not ideal. However, the tradeoff is you do not have to hold onto a thing most of the time, you can leave the tablet in a pocket whereas eeePC cannot. Of course, if the only choice is a large laptop vs eeePC, I would take a eeePC too.

I have tried to tuck along a BT keyboard for the tablet....nay, after only 1 day, I gave up, poking/handwriting on the tablet is quite ok if the alternative is to carry an extra object all day. I also tried VNC at some point, but the VNC data entry has problem with capitalizing the letters 'at will'.

I tuck out my eeePC only when I am in a car, because I know there is enough space and unlimited supply of battery. Otherwise, on the street, in airport, in restaurant, waiting in line, almost everywhere I go, I use the tablet because of the form factor AND battery life

bun