View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
As always, when there is a special day, CNN appeared LIVE. Honestly, I cannot tell which and which is NOT LIVE. Anyhow, right now I am watching VA day parade on CNN. USA/CNN continue to be the top channel for me in both entertainment and news. Second in line is USA/Globe TrekkerTV, always marvel at the scenery and the diverse culture they are broadcasting. CBC news use to be on my top list. Not anymore as I cannot make it into widescreen, so video enjoyment is compromised.

Going back the topic for LIVE, which is to many viewers, the real definition between TV vs internet stream videos (I think real TV should be defined with have advertisement ), some local news channels do broadcast time/date at the beginning of the broadcast, I wish they can leave the time/date on the screen, one can then tell how 'OLD' is this broadcast. Or, if we can extract from the file on the date/time we could have stick it to a corner of the screen. Some of the update ideas.....

Again, when there is a special events, one can always check with WorldTV99 to see whether it is on and whether it is LIVE.

Other AudioVisual function I enjoyed with the tablet,

HAVA - a real-time TV broadcast transmitted to your tablet via internet. Resolution is excellent in local home network, there is some decrease in resolution when watching away from your home network.

VideoCenter - good for USA major channels, like CBS/ABC/NBC/CNN/Fox

I have not do any video encoding ever since I own the tablet. It is more than adequate to fullfill almost all my AV needs. Thanks for the maemo development team and Nokia making a platform for the ave consumer.

bun