View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Do you mean Google Street bun?..
No. All googles for the maemo mapper is DOWN for me, including whatever other URLs people are posting, none whatsoever works. I am using the palm/gvm, that GoogleStreetMobile is working like a charm. It is not any mapper, it is a googlemobile app thing. It works. One of the few time, the palm/GVM save my day.

Just in case you have not been interested in palm/gvm before;
On your winPC, google garnet VM beta for nokia, put in your email address, gvm will send you a dl link to dl gvm.deb, very straight forward, dl into your tablet, click on the gvm.deb, it will install via app manager (absolutely NO dependence problem :0) ). somehow on your winPC, go google mobile home>products, there is a map there, dl into your gvm desktop, it is called googlemap.install, click it, it will install googlemapmobile in a few seconds. You are done. Basically it is a map for the mobile phone. I use pocketlink in gvm and dl directly into gvm desktop and click and install. It is very basic, very user friendly, but it gets the work done, give you a route/direction and nearby business. Cant remember whether it works with BT GPS.

Back to mameomapper, openstreet and yahoostreet works. Yahoostreet is, somehow, a lot faster than openstreet, not quite sure why.

If you goin to yell at the Google summer intern for breaking google even before showing up to work, add my share too :-),

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-05-25 at 01:31.