View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
One additional comment, I think that it would helpful to establish a percentage to classify the ROMs as "Playable" or "Problematic", since performance is perceived different by each user, so it is subject to interpretation.
I gave descriptions in the wiki. If a game seems to play just like the arcade, it's Playable. If the sound or action is distorted or laggy, it's Problematic. If it doesn't work at all or especially if it crashes the app or device, it's Broken. Ideally we would use %, but some games work better with some frameskip than others do, and i don't want to limit testing to those who are willing to check emulation speed %...

By the way, what is the parameter to set in order to show this percentage? Is it defined on mame.ini or directly in the sdlmame-start.sh script?
There's probably a way to see it in-game, but the only way i know of is by running it from the command line and looking at the output when you quit. It will give you a percentage that reflects the actual emulation speed vs. target. It's sometimes possible with -autoframeskip (which is set by default) to get much less than 100% emulation speed and still have a play experience that is not noticeably different than the original.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: