View Single Post
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
this tread should be terminated!

I did not run gain root, I would have given it a little though before trying that, just restarted my n900 and I all looks good.

All I can say is I am glad this is not a biology class... i find this morbid fascination with destroying "noob's" n900 rather sick.
You misunderstand me. I said "Harsh" to qwerty because that's the first time, on these forums, (or rather anywhere that's supposed to be helpful) that I have seen that joke said without an actual warning, note, kill your kitten clause, etc.

I'm sorry my post didn't make that clear enough when I was telling him he was being "harsh" for responding to a "noob" with that. I was somewhat of the hope that that *would* give someone pause.

No where have I ever recommended anyone try that without telling them I hope they don't want their device back after running it...

The "morbid fascination" of mine came when someone showed me that the rm command wants to try and be "smart" and stop people from doing that now. So I tested it. And I posted my results for everyone to see... making it very clear what I expected to see and what I got.

But since you said you ran the original on an actual device.. that certainly peaks my interest to see if it actually worked.

If I had an N900 (see sig: come on people buy me one ) I would certainly try it just to see if the rm on the N900 is one of the ones that try and "protect" noobs from such negative advice.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: