View Single Post
I like chiming in every half-dozen pages or so for no reason .

I personally only write, and use free software. I'm of the crowd software should be free.. support should be paid. That's why I use Linux.

Whether I'm for or against software piracy.... meh. It won't affect me.. I won't make people pay for any software I write... I much prefer donations.. that tells me people actually *liked* my software.. not just paid to see what it does.. And I don't pay for software (read: I don't use pay software) If you make a living selling your software then I truly believe the Linux eco-system is not for you.

Besides... Your software being "free" has it's benefits too.

Movie and Music piracy though... I'm sorry - the *AA charge way to damn much for ****. If I pay $8 to see a movie in a theater I have no issues about getting me a copy of it personally. Paying $8 to see something once is silly. Then, buying a DVD or Blu-ray only to be told I'm not allowed to watch it on my computer or tablet/phone.. only on my "authorized" blu-ray player... even more ludicrous. The failed attempts of "DRM" piss me off more than pirates do.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!