View Single Post
edit: decided to make my own thread since these questions dont have anything to do with led lights....

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...512#post722512

Quick question about pidgin if anyone knows an answer...

a. In my status selector, you now, available, away, etc. I at one point typed something in there for status, but made a few mistakes on what to put in there...and now i have like 3 or for poorly worded status on there, including the one that I initially wanted to make. I looked around, but i cant seem to find a way to GET RID OF THEM! there is an option for new status, or saved status, but i never went to the new button to create any...so why are they stuck there??? Its really aggravating.

b.Also, i started using pidgin because of the obvious reasons, it doesn't clutter your normal contacts, but one thing i have not been able to discover is a way to make pidgin start on phone start-up...seems like this should be an option somewhere...or can i program my phone through xserver to make it do this?

c. And, i noticed something else that is rather agravating! After a clean reboot of the phone(power off and on) Pidgin is not running yet. I go to pidgin, and start it up, and then i just get a black screen, that includes the phone status bar n clock at the top. If i hit the top left desktop button, it will show an active window for buddy list, but there is nothing in it. If i click on that, it then shows me a blank desktop screen ( ie my wallpaper ) with the phone status n clock, but what i guess is actually happening, is that pidgin is really there, but none of pidgin is displaying, its invisible, cause if i click on any of the space on that screen, say...where one of my buddies might be, i get a new to: message box to that buddy! if i close that window, which i can actually see, then pidgin just goes back to being invisible! ARGGG!!!

edit: it seems that if i go to the pidgin status plugin from the main phone status tile to access pidgin, after initial start of pidgin, the invisibility glitch is corrected...but again, that is a whole 'nother step that i should not have to do!
help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Last edited by sytheii; 2010-06-20 at 10:30.