View Single Post
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
I have not searched for it, but maybe you want to create a brainstorm if it does not exist.
I saw a problem in: Many tested apps in Extras-testing are not promoted timely.
BTW: pypianobar 2.1-1 is also promotable.
pyPianobar I won't be promoting. pyRadio is the future there and already has added features and a few fixes over pyPianobar.

(it also manages to have a few new bugs considering the whole backend changed.. which is why it's not yet in testing.)

Pianobar still appeals to a very specific niche of people that prefer very lightweight CLI-only apps. There's no real reason to use pyPianobar over pyRadio that I'm aware of at this point. (If there is, let me know so I can fix it in pyRadio, not pyPianobar.)

Unfortunately.. there's no way for me to "un" promote it back to devel.. same problem as above.

I thought about making a solution but it's not really a problem with "apps in testing" not being promoted.. so much as a problem with the managed of the build system as a whole. A maintainer cannot un-promote, or remove, apps that are no longer being maintained.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-08-04 at 18:10.