View Single Post
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Close but no cigar. I have been harping about thing for a while... Unlike for desktops and Android, Adobe does not provide a public ARM Flash you can download for any of the platforms it claims support so far. For example, say I want to transplant the N900 Flash to N8x0. Okay, add the N900 repo to the N8x0... except, the Flash is not in the repo, but in the firmware. Aham. Okay, let's download the N900 firmware then and mount/extract it from there. Except due to licensing requirements you can't download that unless you have a N900 (=IMEI). Whoops. So no matter how you look at it, Flash on mobiles is borked in every way, technically, legally, openness and community-wise, you name it.
The other problem going from N900 to N8x0 is I don't think they are binary compatible. C apps required a recompile IIRC.

But short of that.. if any phone comes out with flash with MeeGo.. then libflashplayer.so file should be copyable to any other MeeGo device on that same architecture.

I never said legally.. I just said possible. Hence the "non-free" repository...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!