Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5+Harmattan Maemo6] [Announce] gpscon gps position cli shell console
View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by epninety View Post

It does NOT seem to dump the first useless position fix. Went back to my JollaC and I get the same behaviour there, In each case it returns a stale fix. (Using V0.0.10)

The C returns in about 15 seconds, the X returns almost straight away. Both return a stale fix which is never updated using this command form. (If I use runs=2 I get updated fix on the second pass)
I don't know what is going on with sailfish positioning method.
For sure it behave different. It depends maybe also on the settings, or if you have a sim card or not, more last know values (from different methods), maybe different sailfish versions, wifi hmm what ever.
Soon I will release a version where you can define how many positioning events you want to dump.

But I will also suggest you to try out the limit option.
This option specifies an accuracy threshold. It will have the first output with a better accuracy than the limit.
With the right tuned limit you could be sure to get a satellite position.

To determine a good limit I recommend to make some experience with --fout and maybe also with --sat. There you could see the accuracy and the correlation with satellites.

With 6 satellites out of 25 I had an accuracy of 3 with the jolla c.

Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Even with this issue, many thanks for a great tool!
Nice that you like it and thx for the feedback. I am glad that it is for some more people useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: