View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I use contacts in a slightly different way.

Many years ago, when I was with winCE, their battery can die and one loses everything when battery goes flat. However, everytime you dock the winCE, it automatically (and very fast, not even a couple of minutes) sync with your desktop. So I sync the winCE with a desktop at work and a desktop at home. I had winCE died on me and either PCs died on me too, but so far, for 2 PC and a winCE die at the same time, has NOT happened yet for over 10+ years. I have NOT yet loss ANYTHING on my contact list, which I have maintained for over 10+ yrs. It is still my habbit to sync to 2 PCs almost on a daily basis. With the flashdrive comes to market, I dump the list to flashdrive every now and then.

What is in my contact list? Basically I add anything that I would not remember after a couple of days into my contact list. It has address, memo, password, route to visit old aunt in a strange place, working pearls, license questions, etc. So addresses is only 50% of the whole list, the other 50% is my life.

Today, I have 'my life' or contacts on my cellphone. I sync with GVM on a daily basis. and then sync with 3 tablets. Problems is they ALL fake, I have to check it after the sync. And that waste me time.

Oh the contacts on the tablet sucks. They are very limited and rigid and problematics. I have since given up on them and use GVM instead.

bun