View Single Post
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Hi Brent,

Just want to point out that none of the programs you've mentioned (except RoxTerm) come default with Easy Debian. So the warranty doesn't apply to them

However, I'm curious about the dbus issues you're having, since I thought I'd fixed the dbus problems in the latest scripts. The strange thing is that I'm running Midori with absolutely no problems with these scripts. Midori has to be the fastest stable browser on the tablet at the moment. It has some issues with Java, so I have to uninstall the Java plugin, but that's not a big deal since Java's so slow on the tablet anyway. After that it runs like a greased pig with a butcher in pursuit.

When programs in the chroot complain about stuff not connecting, especially when running as non-root, it usually is because of permissions. Does your Debian install have the correct "user" account, and have you checked the permissions in the /home/user/.config directory (and any other config files)? You might need to run this as root:

Code:
chown -R user:users /home/user
My permissions in /home/user/ seemed to be ok, but I ran the chown command anyway... Hallelujah! Everything works Those permissions must've been messed up from my last Debian install, and since /home/user/ is mounted on /debian/home/user/ that problem would transcend installs. Thanks!

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900