View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
How about a 7" Archos for $200. Most reviews seem quite high on it so long as you are willing to tinker a bit (and, bun, I know you are) and don't expect to tether for 3G. Other issue is limited upgrade potential since only 256mb RAM. But sounds like current incarnation can run very smoothly, comfy to hold, and tv shows (at least downloaded ones) and video in general get very high marks. Also has good TV-out.
$200 for 256 mb was April's price. Today, anything more than $150 is 512 MB and that is my shopping. See the pos augen genbook I got from kmart is $79 and has 256 MB ram already. The Archos 7" WAS my favorite in April, now is July and the choice are way too many. Since there are more choice, I would try to stay away from name brand, as they are usually less easy to tinker with. I would go with something that has a large community, like the maemo, which would has more of chance of upgrade than depends on name brand. Obviously micky mouse tinker is what I am good for, but writing customize ROM, I am not there yet . In fact, the pos genbook is very good in media rendering, able to play HD youtube without problem.

BTW, I am really please with VirginMobile's data plan and the Optimus V, except the 3.2 in screen. 7/19 VirginMobile is going to unleash a 4.3 in Motorola Triumph for $299. That is going to be my phone.

$80 discount, not bad. gsensor, multitouch capacitance, 7", gps?, for 200$ with a huge Archos community behind. I think it is a pretty good solid buy. Of course, in a few month, you may not need the $80 discounts. Android tablets are like no name IBM PC in the early days.

Really nice to see you around.
Cheers,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-07-10 at 06:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: