View Single Post
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
It sort of drives me nuts with how picky the N9 can be on video playback. It doesn't help that Flash playback is already pretty crummy, so trying to view any video media on here has been a bit of a headache. Whenever I try to download MP4s or FLVs of videos I want to watch, they grab a thumbnail and will play about 10 seconds of the video. Then it stops and says "You can't play these type of files on this device." What's more strange is it plays some MP4s and FLVs just fine(like the one my personal band has posted on our Youtube page and I've downloaded for offline access and everything). Mov videos- Forget about it.I've had friends shoot me videos from the iPhone's camcorder and it doesn't even try playing it. I've tried Open Video Player but it seems essentially tit-for-tat with it the Stock Player. If it plays on one, it plays on the other.

Does anyone have any advice or alternate video players that fix the kind of crummy experience I'm having? I could have swore the codec support was much better than this. I know I had much better luck on my N900, but that was probably partially because of VLC as a backup if the stock one didn't work(which it most did).

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post: