View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I am glad to announce SymPy (Computer Algebra System - CAS, written in pure Python), Integral, Derivative and Limit for Maemo 4 (Diablo).

Also, IPython 0.10.2 is now released, so SymPy is updated with better interface (icon, automatic definitions, etc) and simpler installation.

See the topics here in Talk Maemo.org :

SymPy (Computer Algebra System) for Maemo 4 & 5 & 6

IPython for Maemo 4 & 5 & 6

Integral - calculating mathematical integrals for Maemo 4 & 5

Derivative - calculating mathematical derivatives for Maemo 4 & 5

Limit - calculating mathematical limits for Maemo 4 & 5

SymPy and its dependency python2.5-dev on Maemo 4 take more than 30 MB after install.

Integral/Derivative/Limit and the TTF-DejaVu font dependency add more 8 MB, so you need approx. 40 MB free on your Maemo 4.

(* Important *)
For the users of Integral v1.1.4 and Derivative v1.0.0 for Maemo 4, which were not running because of the missing python2.5-dev dependency, the solution is :
- uninstall "Integral"/"Derivative"/"Limit" from the application manager (it will uninstall python-sympy_0.7.1-maemo3);
- update the application manager;
- install "Integral"/"Derivative"/"Limit" so that the new python-sympy (and python2.5-dev) will be installed.

I will continue to release new versions as well as other softwares for Maemo 4/5.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-03-10 at 14:20. Reason: IPython and SymPy updates

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: