View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Here is version 5. I think it is rather difficult to return to the channel you like when there is no description. So, I add the country. The whole playlist is arranged in order of country, and .5a5b.2 is the whole file which currently houses 1095 channels. I have done typing for the rest of my life and wont type any more .............. OMG.

This is the same materials to version 2 and 3, and version 5 may run slightly slower because there is country description. To cut down description to the minimum, so that kmplayer is not going to crush, only a heading of the country is included, i.e., all UK channel will be under heading UK, so, scroll to the top of the list to see the country where the channel comes from etc, While .5a and .5b have country label right on top of the channel, as the file is smaller.

*** These are NOT .deb files, they are .m3u files ***

WorldTV99.5a5b.2.m3u.deb is the whole file, same stuff as in version 2 and 3. Because the file is larger and makes channel change slow, I broke it down to WorldTV99.5a.2.m3u.deb, mainly for media player (osso media server) and WorldTV99.5b.2.m3u.deb, mainly for mplayer. The players are the suggested ones, does not mean that you cannot switch players to try out. .5a and .5b combine together equal to .5a5b. You need both, they are diffferent stuff.

Summary: You should have version 1, the original, and version 5. They together made up the complete streaming source on the internet as recent as Feb07! 145 + 1095 for a total approx 1240 with some duplicates, WOW!

I will refine the channels when I have more inputs from the community, which channels to keep and which to throw away,

Credits:Asgari's note for the mms sources made this happen, and Ism's enthusiam also made this happen. I already gave up couple days ago by just looking at 1650+ TV channel, almost wet my pants...

@Ism: If you want to make changes, please make it on .5a5b.2. Separate files are clumsy. An I am workig from top to bottom, alphabetically, I already checked from A-D. If you do not mind, you can go from bottom to top, we will meet somewhere. TIA,

Edit: I manually condensed the original playlist of 265 kb down to 49 kb and squeeze in kmplayer as a working file. bun, you are something! you rock!

bun
Attached Files
File Type: deb WorldTV99.ossoms.5a.2.m3u.deb (38.8 KB, 270 views)
File Type: deb WorldTV99.mplayer.5b.2.m3u.deb (24.0 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-09 at 19:51.