View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
I think I should find out which OS N9/N950 users are most happy with, and then port my three crappy little apps (orrery, maeFat and maeSat) to that OS. But I'm not really plugged into the N9/N950 community, so I don't know which OS pathway to take.
First, your softwares are great, no crappy at all.

Second, the best mobile OS for Nokia N9&N950 is MeeGo Harmattan, IMHO.

Third, it is easy to develop for MeeGo Harmattan. You can even use the Harmattan SDK on device (on your Nokia N950), See the topic Compiling & packaging on MeeGo Harmattan device. All my MeeGo Harmattan contributions (IPython, MatPlotLib, NumPy, SciPy, SymPy, Easy Chroot, Easy Debian, etc) are packaged on my Nokia N9, just a matter of entering into the Harmattan SDK via chroot, going to the source code (adapted to MeeGo Harmattan) folder and running "dpkg-buildpackage -sa -rfakeroot". See some compilation & packaging timings on Nokia N9.

So I think your Nokia N950 can be an excellent machine to develop and create MeeGo Harmattan softwares, better than Nokia N9 due to its hardware keyboard.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: