View Single Post
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by JOHNJAY View Post
Hi Blaizzen

But im still having problems.

my cities files goes like this.
cities/diskcache/0-9 a-f then clientindex/icons/safetyspots/shop/voices

So unsure where to put english files as the only file named VOICES i have is in the the diskcache folder
So i have made another folder named "voices" under CITIES file and added the files in there???? Is that right & if so shall i delete the other VOICES folder in DISKCACHE??
Thats correct, OMVS by default looks into cities/Voices. You can change it from the options, so it shouldn't matter to much though. Check the OMVS log and see what languages it has loaded, it should load any language it finds.

Also the zipped INDEX file when extracted shows a CHROME logo'd file named INDEX and its a html file
Unsure what u mean by replacing the old html file and how to do that or even find it.
Do i just drop that in the VOICES file i just made ??
You will need to gain access outside the MyDocs. Simpliest method I use is winSCP (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41422) You will need to navigate the Nokia-maps folder and drop the index.html file inside the html folder there (making a backup of the exisiting index file). The reason is we have modified the index file to have more features and allow talking to omvs.

Sorry if im asking dumb questions lol

At the mo in OMV english_us is set
voice file location is /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices.

when i click the "espeak options" tab and click SAY LINE it reads the text out in a male english voice.
Yet when i open OviMaps still no voice welcome

What else do i need to do please

JJ
OMVS wont have a welcome voice, I think someone programed the python server to do that. To test if voice commands work, go to the command tester tab and see if there is anything there. It should be filled with commands if everything is fine.