Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Try adding it with a friend's SimCard on another provider. Maybe your Nokia Messaging is not available for your provider.

Or try also in a few days..their servers might be down.
I'm sorry I just tried with my wifes card with a different provider and it doesnt work either ...

any other option ...

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Tucson, AZ
Hello,

I am a newbie N900 user too. Got it a couple of days back and am absolutely loving it. Am on T-mobile in the US and it set up flawlessly. Here's my two cents.

One mistake i made was i did not enter my full user name (as in "username@website.com"), i was just entering my user name in the field.

Originally Posted by ingvay7 View Post
Hello,

I am a newbie N900 user too. Got it a couple of days back and am absolutely loving it. Am on T-mobile in the US and it set up flawlessly. Here's my two cents.

One mistake i made was i did not enter my full user name (as in "username@website.com"), i was just entering my user name in the field.
Thanks ingvay7 ... i've been using full usernames all along ... !!

HI folks. Just a question. I'm using nokia messaging with my hotmail account but i can't open any attachments. All the attachments have 1kb sizw and when i click on them a getnthe following message ''attachment has been removed due to windows live hotmail size limits''. I can open the attachments on my pc and if i use pop3 mail on my n900. What should i do? Thanks

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by derreckbrown View Post
Thanks a ton to come out for help ...

I dont have nokia messaging as the service provider ... ...

What do to then ...
Hmmm, maybe you didn't actually start out on the same page as Pantera (some misunderstanding like you mean the Nokia Messaging SERVICE, while others are talking about the SOFTWARE - which isn't available for the N900 - or similar).

One easy solution for you, (if you're new to Nokia anyway, and haven't yet given your Nokia address to everyone) may be to just use a different address - from a provider that is in your list with country set to India.
Another one: always check your e-mail (Nokia or other) online with the browser. I do that with gmail, it's really not that bad, with browsers like MicroB, Firefox, Opera Mobile and Chrome to choose from....

If you're absolutely set on using the nokia e-mail address AND the default e-mail client on N900, try doing a walkthrough of the setup process with screenshots showing every single step, like e.g. here:

http://www.nokian900.tv/configuring-...k-in-the-park/

or here:
http://thenokiablog.com/2009/10/19/n...-review-email/

or here:
http://zomgitscj.com/2010/03/07/intr...he-nokia-n900/

It would be pretty strange for nokia messaging service not to be available in india, especially if you were able to register for it without any problems...

Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
One easy solution for you, (if you're new to Nokia anyway, and haven't yet given your Nokia address to everyone) may be to just use a different address - from a provider that is in your list with country set to India.

There is no "Nokia address", at least as far as Nokia Messaging goes anyway.

Nokia Messaging is an internet service that aggregates email from other, existing email accounts (by collecting the emails with pop / imap), then pushing them to your phone through intellisync wire protocol. You can then read these email from modest by setting up the "Nokia Messaging" account type.

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

Tags
e-mail, mail.nokia.com, nokia messaging, nokia n900