Active Topics

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
No different than a protector-less screen, basically. Maybe a 3-5% reduction in overall brightness. Nothing noticeable.
Sounds good, think I'll go ahead and replace my stock protector with one of these

Just to weigh in, I've never used screen protectors on my PDAs/Treo and my screens are pristine. First thing I did on the N800 was peel the sucker off.

...I've never used screen protectors on my PDAs/Treo and my screens are pristine. First thing I did on the N800 was peel the sucker off.
Me too. Of course, I thought we were supposed to. Remember when VCR's and the like came with "peel off" clear protectors on them? I thought it was the same thing.

It is the same thing.. the one that came on the N800 is a transport protector.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by dblank View Post
I'm guessing you use the ClearTouch Anti-Glare protector? How well does it perform indoors or in poor lighting situations?

Anyone compared Anti-Glare to Crystal?
Yes, I got the anti-glare version.

Although I didn't do a comparison with a 'bare' screen, the boxwave protector was much more transparent than the included plastic screen cover. I doubt the difference is noticable, if there is at all.

It performs very well indoor or in poor lighting. I actually never think much of it after it's been applied. The screen ever so slightly feels more paper-like (which I like) rather than a glass after the application.

After a few months of hard use (including bouts of screen scratching and poking by kids) it's still pristine without any scratch.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
The screen is made of a harder material than the stylus. The stylus will not scratch the screen....directly, but if a medium such as dirt (powdered rock) is present on the screen and the stylus drags the dirt across the screen, a scratch can occur.

If you are like me and prefer to not use disposable plastic sheets over your touch screen, it is important to keep the screen clear of dirt. Lint from clothing and household dust (skin flakes) are harmless. Sand/dirt (powdered Earth) or abrasives from any workshop grinding activity (Dremel tool stuff), sandpaper, etc. must be kept away from your Internet Tablet and PDAs.

Also keep out of the reach of children.

Last edited by xxM5xx; 2007-11-11 at 04:36. Reason: spelling error