Active Topics

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Hi,
I upgraded to the new version of Canola over the weekend and now when I connect my n800 to my laptop via USB I get the following message "Unable to connect via USB. Memory card in use: Removable memory card"

Is there any way to tell what is locking the card on the tablet and shut it down...

Very frustrating - I thought it was canola's media scanner as my music is on my removable drive but its not a constant error message!

Jeremy.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Just a thought: have you tried plugging it in to USB while turned off and then turning it on?

i ran into this same problem. the way i got it to work was to take the memory card out, plug the usb cable in, and then put the card back in while connected via usb and the card should show up on your computer

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
My work around is once the message pops up to say that the removable card is locked, leave the message on the screen, unplug the usb and then replug it into your pc... Seems to work most of the time but would love to know why its locked and what is locking it!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ NJ, USA
It has been my experience that when the message pops up, the best thing to do is simply open and close the removable memory card door. That should work great.

-TabletKev

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TabletKev For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by TabletKev View Post
It has been my experience that when the message pops up, the best thing to do is simply open and close the removable memory card door. That should work great.

-TabletKev
This has been the only way that I can get both my XP & linux box's to access the external card, so it's definitely a OS2008 problem. tx

Edit: forgot to add that I don't get any error messages about the card being inaccessible either. Just the internal card is recognized by the PC, so I leave the usb cable connected the open & close the slot door & it appears.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Last edited by grog; 2008-04-30 at 17:44. Reason: added info

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by grog View Post
This has been the only way that I can get both my XP & linux box's to access the external card, so it's definitely a OS2008 problem. tx

Edit: forgot to add that I don't get any error messages about the card being inaccessible either. Just the internal card is recognized by the PC, so I leave the usb cable connected the open & close the slot door & it appears.
A follow-up to correction this. I've not been able to get this work at all on my linux box. I've tried opening the door after connection & rebooting with the cable connected. My linux box doesn't recognize my external card all all. PITA!
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
... when I connect my n800 to my laptop via USB I get the following message "Unable to connect via USB. Memory card in use: Removable memory card"
Well, I don't know if you are dual-booting, but this is generally the cure in that case, and maybe even if you aren't:

See this post and since it seems there is variation in the file I'm suggesting you edit, see this post (issue #1) as well.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
since they mentionned Canola, I presume that the canolad process trying to index all the files (aka metalayer-crawler, just with less CPU usage). would be a good idea to report this to the Canola dev. team.

The Following User Says Thank You to iliaden For This Useful Post: