Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
where can i download just the source image for the blue theme only , i dont run linux on my desktop , konttori has an os2008 compatible version of thememaker out now so i just use that on windows and i just use paint shop pro to edit the images

munky261 -
The LCARS themes use a modified theme layout package, which widens the template to accommodate some additional images, and includes changes to the matchbox.xml and gtkrc files. Also, our theme packages install many icons which ThemeMaker does not. In other words, the LCARS themes would be incomplete if built with ThemeMaker.

If you want, you could boot an Ubuntu LiveCD and then follow our build instructions. If you decide to do that, I'd suggest using Inkscape (free for Linux/Mac/Windows) to edit the SVG version of the template file (and export as a PNG when you're ready to build).

The LCARS Modern (blue) source package is here: http://synthesize.us/debs/hildon-the....14.4-4.tar.gz

The other option would be to edit the various images individually and copy them onto your device. Like I said in my last post, quite a few would need to be changed to accommodate a thicker top bar. Here's a list (hopefully I got them all.)

In /usr/share/themes/lcars-modern/images/

qgn_plat_application_status_bar_background.png
qgn_plat_button_close_normal.png
qgn_plat_button_close_pressed.png
qgn_plat_button_minimize_normal.png
qgn_plat_button_minimize_pressed.png
qgn_plat_home_status_bar_background.png
qgn_plat_status_bar_background.png
qgn_plat_status_bar_pressed.png
qgn_plat_status_bar_second_level_background.png
qgn_plat_task_navigation_background.png
qgn_plat_task_navigation_button_01_focused.png
qgn_plat_task_navigation_button_01_pressed.png

And the statusbar icons are in /usr/share/icons/lcars-modern/40x40/hildon/

Honestly though, I think doing a proper re-build (booting from a LiveCD and following our HOWTO) might be easier. Plus, then you could distribute the modified theme easily; I'm sure there are those who'd appreciate it.

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2008-03-01 at 21:27.