Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=losing+data, (read thread #71) that was my problem, I sfdisk to the last bit of the intSD, and formed a "phantom" partition and since, the tablet kept on crashing upon attempting to access it, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29135, thread #18. I deleted the "phantom" partition via USB/PC/Disk Management and everything is now...................fine. Keep my fingers crossed.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-20 at 22:38.

BTW, I saw you both posted several tablets and none of them have problems. My experience is not that rosy. I have 2 N800, both have the dumb power on problems. Two in a row, how lucky. Of course both solved with upgrade eventually, after sufferring for seemingly forever. Then one N800 developed display problem, the screen shown image rapidly fading from right to left, that required a return trip to Nokia. And my previous N810 has this intSD problem which I fixed in the past and forgot about it. And now this new N810 bite me with the same bug. One thing really puzzle me: most company will fix those product problems once they surface, be it a month or two, or maybe a bit longer. But even today, we still have people post about N800 power on problem and my two N810 is so far apart, close to 14 month, came with the same problem. What is going on with Nokia's mind?

bun

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I have 2 N800, both have the dumb power on problems. Two in a row, how lucky.
bun
Actually that problem somehow I figured a way to turn the N800 on: using the stylus and push it hard for 1 or 2 sec. It never failed me!

Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
Actually that problem somehow I figured a way to turn the N800 on: using the stylus and push it hard for 1 or 2 sec. It never failed me!
Interesting. I wrote a 'kindergarten' script to reset the tablet to bypass the mechanical switch and it seemed to be doing fine. Except when the battery is down.

bun

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Seems like the $179 deal at buy.com is over now... They just bumped it up to $199 again....
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes