Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
To be honest i don't understand it aswell.

I never used Linux before, always Windows or consoles. N900 is my first Linux device. And i have no problem in operating it, it's very pretty and very friendly. I appreciate what the N900 offers, I don't use XTerminal, that's sure, but still, do you think i'm a geek? No. I really don't think this is a phone for geeks, rather techocrats... people who appreciate and understand what this device offers, but don't have a clue about programming or Linux itself. Normal users can use this phone too, i don't see a reason why not. Sure, the functions are perhaps more complex then your average iPhone Joe knows about, but it's intuitive, logical. So no, not for geeks only anymore. And yes, I'm aware that I'm carrying a computer with a penguin in my pocket.

im annoyed how everyone thinks the n900 has Nothing on the iphone . it beats the iphone in alot of hardware specs besides the processor which is the same . people saying ," the iphone is better its alot easier to use it has more stuff on it . well of course because its been out for 3 years or w/e . the n900 just came out and also saying the n900 will be obsolete in a year . i dont think so . sorry to rant but its just bugging me .

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
How can someone named "IWantToMarryTheN900" seriously ask, "Why is the N900 constantly being referred to as 'for geeks and newbies'?"?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Maybe he's a detective.