Active Topics

Poll: Cell phone radiation can:
Poll Options
Cell phone radiation can:

From Popular Science (POPSCI) Magazine:

http://www.popsci.com/technology/art...ts-memory-mice

Cell Phone radiaton can boost memory (at least in mice tests)

Cell Phone Radiation Reverses Alzheimer's and Boosts Memory in Mice

Scientists say the electromagnetic radiation from cell phones may lead to non-invasive Alzheimer's treatments

Astonished scientists found that electromagnetic radiation from cell phones not only boosted the memories of young mice, but even reversed Alzheimer's symptoms in old mice. Their study marks the first to investigate how long-term electromagnetic radiation affects memory function.
The University of South Florida study showed that the electromagnetic waves erase brain deposits of the harmful protein beta-amyloid, which represents a hallmark of mentally crippling Alzheimer's disease. The exposure also prevented build-up from the protein in younger Alzheimer's mice -- a possible lead on future non-invasive Alzheimer's treatments for humans.

All those cancer concerns surrounding cell phones may have to make room for good news.

So - what do you think? Instead of cancer, phone radiation can actually improve your memory and cure some diseases?

I'm studying medical phisics and the effects of radiations on our main organs at my local University of Medicine (Florence), and I'm quite sure that type of radiation is dangerous for our brain. But I can't exclude, without previous studies, that it can help us in other things, like memory. I'll do some researches.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
So this is our stairway to heaven!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I work in (among other places) a dementia ward: faced with an option of dying sooner from cancer but keeping all my marbles to the end, I'd take that as a fair deal.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
This does not belong in general.

Also,
The study also addressed worries about cell phone exposure leading to cancer, and found no autopsy evidence of abnormal growth in the brains of the mice. That finding seems consistent with the positions of the World Health Organization, the American Cancer Society, and the National Institutes of Health, which all concluded that no scientific evidence points to bad health effects from cell phone use.
Thanks for perpetuating the long-time paranoia about cell phones causing cancer by mentioning it in your first post.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by Architengi View Post
From Popular Science (POPSCI) Magazine:

http://www.popsci.com/technology/art...ts-memory-mice

Cell Phone radiaton can boost memory (at least in mice tests)

Cell Phone Radiation Reverses Alzheimer's and Boosts Memory in Mice

Scientists say the electromagnetic radiation from cell phones may lead to non-invasive Alzheimer's treatments

Astonished scientists found that electromagnetic radiation from cell phones not only boosted the memories of young mice, but even reversed Alzheimer's symptoms in old mice. Their study marks the first to investigate how long-term electromagnetic radiation affects memory function.
The University of South Florida study showed that the electromagnetic waves erase brain deposits of the harmful protein beta-amyloid, which represents a hallmark of mentally crippling Alzheimer's disease. The exposure also prevented build-up from the protein in younger Alzheimer's mice -- a possible lead on future non-invasive Alzheimer's treatments for humans.

All those cancer concerns surrounding cell phones may have to make room for good news.

So - what do you think? Instead of cancer, phone radiation can actually improve your memory and cure some diseases?
I seem to remember that the tobacco companies were able to generate similar research in favor of smoking...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Some swords come with 2 edges.