Active Topics

hi is there any way to get the orginal zImage from N9 i mean for restore the original one without reflashing what do you think

im getting started with ISC

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
hi is there any way to get the orginal zImage from N9 i mean for restore the original one without reflashing what do you think

im getting started with ISC
You can extract the kernel from the flasher image, and you can flash just the kernel, if that's the kind of thing you're after.

You can restore the kernel only using:

Code:
flasher -f -F main.img --flash-only=kernel
I'm not certain this will work if you were running Nitdroid, however, and if you want to exit "open mode" you need to flash everything.

im doing research for ICS atm is not possible to flash kernel for simlocked devices, so this is why i asked for the original kernel, if i brick my phone in the kernel level i would like to reflash only to original kernel, (for testing proposes) so, i think both above ways are my options

my question is how do i extract the original kernel from the bin file?

Can you not just copy the current kernel zImage and initrd?

and then how i "install" it? just cop7y/paste with ssh? o.O?

Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
and then how i "install" it? just cop7y/paste with ssh? o.O?
Why would copying the file not work?

If you have to ask here and you think ssh involves copy & paste, I recommend you do not do this before you spend more time learning the procedures by studying existing guides. There are many on the internet.

in case of brick the phone ssh would not be even a possibility, so lets forget about it, i asked for the image in deed, to flash only that file and not the whole rootfs but i guess this command is the solution

"flasher -f -F main.img --flash-only=kernel"