Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Mumbai,India
yesterday when i was transfering files from pc the cable got disconnected from then media player cannot access/detect files form the the folders which i created on pc.. if i create a folder from my cell and move media files in it then they are easily detected..
same problem with photo viewer
dont know what the problem is, i tried tracker-processes -r but the problem persists... plz some one help me...
thanks in advance...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Probably some filesystem corruption if you disconnected the cable while it was in use. You can fix it on the N900, you'll need root access, so if you haven't done so already then install "rootsh".

Then open up the Terminal and enter (or copy and paste, which will help avoid errors) the following
Code:
root
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
dosfsck -aw /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1

problem persists.. :-(

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
problem persists.. :-(
This is no error message at all!
Did you get no output for the above commands? Please post the output here, please copy and paste it, not describe or retype it.

Originally Posted by akshay View Post
yesterday when i was transfering files from pc the cable got disconnected from then media player cannot access/detect files form the the folders which i created on pc.. if i create a folder from my cell and move media files in it then they are easily detected..
same problem with photo viewer
dont know what the problem is, i tried tracker-processes -r but the problem persists... plz some one help me...
thanks in advance...
What happens if you rename the directory that you created via PC but this time via xterm on N900?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Also, if you have access to a machine running Windows that you can trust, try running chkdisk from it

problem solved...!!!
it was due to some virus or autrun.inf which changed the propertis of folders on external storage mem like pd & n900 to hidden and the folders were changed to shortcut, thats why media player could not access it...
just connected n900 by mass storage mode to pc & entered this cmd on terminal attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:*.*
where g: is my external drive(n900)