Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
-removed-

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-01-22 at 15:42. Reason: maemo Games: Warcraft 2 for N900

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
This looks promising. Any info if the application itself is optified? Putting the game data on MMC is a good thing though.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by chainreaction View Post
This looks promising. Any info if the application itself is optified? Putting the game data on MMC is a good thing though.
I don't know if it is optified. but it's only 600kb big...

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
No, it's not optified. It installs a 1.6M binary into /usr/bin (that'll be compressed somewhat though).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
This makes me happy in the pants region. Love warcraft.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
It's actually more than that I think. Unless I'm mistaken, /media/mmc1/ is in the root which is where you copy all of the data that wargus extracts (another 16M). Maybe this is only true if you don't have a memory card installed?

Shouldn't this be installing and pointing to /home/opt? If you're going to hard code anyway, put it someplace nice. Change /media/mmc1 to /home/opt and that will get a majority out of the root.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
No, it's not optified. It installs a 1.6M binary into /usr/bin (that'll be compressed somewhat though).
Frank

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amazon-Belém
I got right click and middle click emulated on my N810, with stratagus, if any wants it looks at my blog...

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Great news; I loved Warcraft 2.

Does anyone know if the AI of Stratagus has evolved in the past years? I believe it is different than the original WC one -- last time I played against the computer, it was way too easy to beat and thus no fun...

Of course, I can also play against humans in network...

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
It's actually more than that I think. Unless I'm mistaken, /media/mmc1/ is in the root which is where you copy all of the data that wargus extracts (another 16M). Maybe this is only true if you don't have a memory card installed?

Shouldn't this be installing and pointing to /home/opt? If you're going to hard code anyway, put it someplace nice. Change /media/mmc1 to /home/opt and that will get a majority out of the root.
If you don't have a memory card installed then yes, you'll want to install the data to /home/opt/games/stratagus and put a symlink into /media/mmc1.

This is awesome! I love warcraft! Need starcraft too (I know.. windows only).
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: