Active Topics

Hi all,

Hopefully I can explain this weird issue im having..

Quite often my phone seems to be stuck in a state where the 3,5G icon is in blue (internet connection in use?), but the antenna strength symbol has a line through it. This state remains even after I disable the internet connection.

Furthermore, if I ever put the phone into flightmode and then back to normal, it wil not reconnect to a mobile network. I cannot find a mobile network on manual either.

The only wau this seems to be rectified is by turning the phone on and off.

if config shows phonet0 as always present and i cannot #ifconfig phonet0 down

Any clues? Having my phone repeatedly loses the mobile network and not reconnect until a reboot does make it a PITA.

Me too, have been experiencing the same issue for the past 2-4 days.....
I'm on T-Mobile USA network

Ahh, at least Im not the only one!
Im on Three in UK

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Seems to be similar to this: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=79

Phone drops network connection without any visible indications shown on screen, the signal strength meter can be full and 3G icon active but the phone has no connection.
The only way to get the phone back online is to power off the device (toggling flight mode sometimes helps).

The problem seems to be related to when phone does a lot of switching between GSM <-> 3G as locking the phone to only GSM mode (or only 3G-mode) makes it work better.
I have also noticed similar behaviour when travelling and the phone frequently has to switch between different cell towers.

Nowadays I use ProfileMatic to, automatically, lock the phone to GSM-mode when I am in certain areas were I normally have this problem.
Since I started with this I have had almost no connection issues. But it is a little sad to, in the year 2012, have a phone without 3G connection.

//j

Thanks jesper ;d that might be it.

However, the network icon actually shows no bars and a red line through it. The problem is it never reconnects again.

Putting the phone into flightmode and back actually causes this, consistently :C

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by GalacticArachnid View Post
Thanks jesper ;d that might be it.

However, the network icon actually shows no bars and a red line through it. The problem is it never reconnects again.

Putting the phone into flightmode and back actually causes this, consistently :C
In the tracker there's at least one other bug that's similar (but separate) to the one he described.
Might be worthwhile searching it, here, & forum.meego.com thoroughly?
You're bound to come across some others tips or workarounds...
Sorry, pretty vague I know, I've been out-of-the-loop for quite a few months, too busy IRL :-/

Best of luck!

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-25 at 17:13. Reason: typo

Cheers jalyst ill give it another go. Well, I can safely say that leaving the phone in 3G instead of Dual connection mode did not fix this (it doesnt pick up any networks at all in GSM).

In fact, its just screwed itself up again after a few minutes of uptime! (this thing is fast becoming unusable)

Well, updating to 1.3 did bugger all to fix this. Any ideas on how I could debug this myself?

ifconfig doesnt show gprs0 after thigs go tits up, even with -a. So maybe a module's going?

Last edited by GalacticArachnid; 2012-07-14 at 09:56.

In France I had this problem with SFR
I changed my mobile operator
And all works

Unfortunately, I cannot change my operator for a year. Would be interesting to find out why there is a problem with some networks and not others. Hmm, cant seem to use my phone on GSM either, only 3G.