Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Just thought to share if someone is interested and have more money to spare than me. In Finland there is N950 with all bells and whistles on sale and it seems it would be in quite good condition too. But the price tag is high but you can make a smaller offer there. Can't now give a link but you can find it from www.huuto.net and search N950. Asking about 900eur but as I said make a smaller offer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Just thought to share if someone is interested and have more money to spare than me. In Finland there is N950 with all bells and whistles on sale and it seems it would be in quite good condition too. But the price tag is high but you can make a smaller offer there. Can't now give a link but you can find it from www.huuto.net and search N950. Asking about 900eur but as I said make a smaller offer.
Look closely to the pictures. A strange N9 retail box with a keyboard inside? Is it just me or it looks like a scam?

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
So maybe a scam? Should I remove this thread all together? Or just be alert for possible scam? I didn't check all the pictures and have never seen N9 or it's box. So be alert and maybe if interested ask the seller a better pictures.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
The manuals seems to be also for N9. Just sent a message with a question about it to the seller.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
So maybe a scam? Should I remove this thread all together? Or just be alert for possible scam? I didn't check all the pictures and have never seen N9 or it's box. So be alert and maybe if interested ask the seller a better pictures.
Don't remove it. Let it so that others can see it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Look closely to the pictures. A strange N9 retail box with a keyboard inside? Is it just me or it looks like a scam?
It looks like that he don't have a original box for N950, but he changed the keypad from english to nordic keypad. I guess he also owned a N9 someday. All pictures with the same carpet so the guy who took the picture had access to a N950. The question is, will he send really a device. But this risk you will have with all sellers, and here local selling I would trust but with this amount of money I would pick it up (also no shipping risk of loss/damage).

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Just got an answer. It is given to former Nokia engineer in that box which does not have any serial numbers in it and the other manual is empty because it was still in prototype stage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Checked the seller. Started to sell 2010, feedback during years 16, all positive. Other products he is selling have raspberrypi stuff and some other related. Seems genuine and trustworthy if you get the price right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
It looks like that he don't have a original box for N950, but he changed the keypad from english to nordic keypad. I guess he also owned a N9 someday. All pictures with the same carpet so the guy who took the picture had access to a N950. The question is, will he send really a device. But this risk you will have with all sellers, and here local selling I would trust but with this amount of money I would pick it up (also no shipping risk of loss/damage).
The box is different from the N9's and it has a picture from the N950 even with N9 text. That is the most strange thing to me

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Remember guys that the N950 was the original N9 (N9-00), intended to be a commercial device before it got scrapped at the last minute and was replaced with the N9-01 which is the keyboard-less N9 (Lankku/RM-696) we are all familiar with. The manual says "N9-XX".

I doubt that this is a scam. My guess is this comes from someone who works or once worked for Nokia. The Scandinavian keyboard is quite rare although has been mentioned before on TMO. The most interesting thing is the box. It looks to me like it's a retail box for the N9-00! It doesn't surprise me that they got this far into production as a commercial device. Remember they even produced a promo video for it which got leaked.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: