Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
I have written a small GUI to make it easier to change the meta tracker configuration and apply said configuration. For those of you not familiar with the tracker it's the background process that indexes all content to make it show up in e.g. Image viewer and Media Player. (But if you really don't know what it is maybe you shouldn't play around with the settings anyway...)

It's in extras-devel (so regular warning, warning, it's not tested at all). If you still like to test it, please post your impressions here, it's called tracker-cfg btw,

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to demiurgus For This Useful Post:
Hi good utility.
Some feedback:
1. the tracker doesn't convert the /home/user into $HOME - not sure if this is really a problem

2. mediabox doesn't seem to honour tracker. I still find mediabox including stuff it's not meant to. this may be a problem with mediabox itself.

thanks

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
MediaBox honours tracker, but thing don't get removed from the index automatically if tracker stops indexing them. You may have to clear the index in MediaBox.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I missed this before. It seems like a great utility but plenty of rope to hang myself with--does anyone have some good suggestions about what kinds of changes may be desirable?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Be sure to exclude game and data directories from the scan

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
does this speed up media player indexing ?

My main problem is the slownesss of navigating thru 15gb of music in the multimedia player :

the "album" page is unusable (too laggy , too many) ,
the search is too slow : I have to wait 5 secondes for the screen to load up the albums ( the small rectangular at the right of the screen becomes smaller as the list extends) them make a search.
If I tap on "show album' and immediatly type a search , nothing comes up.

Finally I only use playlists and "shuffle all".

I also get many errors "impossible to read the file" (in french).

what to do ??

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
The new update broke the app... When you try to open it from the menu, it just doesn't do anything. (doesn't seems to have an executable file?)
Anyone else having the same problem?

Seconded +1

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
+1 since latest update application does "nothing".
I reinstalled previous version, it's working again.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thanks for the newer update, fixed the startup problem |

Works like a charm!