Notices

Any possible solutions to the messed up on-screen keyboards when you apply the rotation script? I'd really like to type while my screen is vertical... but the keyboards are all messed up and I haven't heard of a solution to that yet. Btw, I'm using an N800.

So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Canada
Instead of running the script try advanced backlight, it's never gave me a messed up keyboard in landscape view. I use it all the time works great. http://maemo.org/downloads/product/O...ced-backlight/

Clinton

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The matchbox-keyboard that comes as part of Easy Debian looks nice in portrait mode. If you use the "Set Debian HW Keys" script, you can make it pop up or down using the "-" and "menu" keys on the N800.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
That keyboard looks sweet, qole!

Maybe I should get over my fear and try to install your debian package one of these days.

Anyway, there's also a fairly gutter Xkbd version that you could always try as well.

It can be found in this thread:
Keyboard for Rotated Screen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I cannot get it to work on Diablo . It showed up, and it typed, but the only key that works is ctrl+c. Any suggestions?

You got it working, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=8114&page=3 thread #82.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-16 at 06:45.

Hi Bunanson.

I think the last time I got Xkbd to install, I just went through Ukki's Rubybox one click install.
Rubybox

I think I remember from some where that if you were to click on his install, let it do it's thing, and then say no to not having Rubybox installed on your tablet, that you still would end up with a working version of Xkbd, just no Rubybox.

Well, I've got the 5 files for Xkbd still on my card if you want me to post them.

Otherwise, maybe uninstall Xkbd and try it again through the Application Manager.

Other than that, I'm fairly clueless as what might be wrong.

JustNick is posting the same problem over at the DosBox ftw thread.

Cheers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
The Rubybox supposed to be a link with the green install button. The green install button is no longer there. I got install alright, no error mess, and booted up and see you side.xkbd. The tablet keyboard is also there but cover by your keyboard. I think you have to make the tablet keyboard disappear in order for your side.xkbd worked. qwerty has a script to make the native keyboard disappear. I will try a little later. I was thinking, if the native keyboard disappear, how am I go to type to activate the side.xkbd. Tricky. Thanks for the offering of the files. Somehow the installation is a breeze.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-16 at 12:27.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was going to try Easy Devian but it requires more than 1.3 gb of free space? I only have 512 mb in my external memory card so I don't think I'll be able to get it. I really like that keyboard in rotated mode, is there any way I can get something similar to that without the Easy Devian package?

For now, I'll try the xkbd rotated keyboard.

Good to hear that you got it working Bunanson.

Any chance you would be willing to look at this post I made over a week ago?

I think that you would also like to have this feature as well since you use Med apps under Garnet.

My stupid post

Cheers.