Posts: 79 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pandora
I am no developer.. is there a way we can implement the portrait mode keyboard from opera browser..
right now am using it to type it.. its good actually than having anything at all..

Though Opera is designed with capacitive screen in mind, it works great with our beloved N900 screen. B)

and for the suggestions, i mean dictionary we can implement the kind in Windows Phone 7.. Which again is just a solution, but can be of anything..

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Opera's closed source.

This thread is very misleading, I was thinking oh who leaked the source code??

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ear0wax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Yeah, I had a little wonder-if-it's-been-leaked moment, lol. Though given the normal threads on this forum lately, I wasn't getting my hopes up too much.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Opera's closed source.
Ho.. then.. cant we develop something of same kind, like if they who work for salary can develop (apple, Microsoft), why cant we(well.. My mighty open developers) who work for passion can do it?

this N900 keyboard we have is a joke..

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Because people are too lazy, or too busy, to learn how to code, and those in this community who DO know how to develop have better things to do.

*Sigh* My offer to throw large amounts of money (well, probably under a hundred dollars, and I hope others would contribute, but still, I wouldn't mind at this point) to anyone who knows Hildon well enough to pickup the system-wide portrait keyboard - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55371 - and finish it to a workable state with both QWERTY and T9-like input (not necessarily predictive or error correcting, just reasonably usable) still stands.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-11-05 at 20:45. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Because people are too lazy, or too busy, to learn how to code, and those in this community who DO know how to develop have better things to do.

*Sigh* My offer to throw large amounts of money (well, probably under a hundred dollars, and I hope others would contribute, but still, I wouldn't mind at this point) to anyone who knows Hildon well enough to pickup the system-wide portrait keyboard - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55371 - and finish it to a workable state with both QWERTY and T9-like input (not necessarily predictive or error correcting, just reasonably usable) still stands.
Learing Code developing is a complete task for me.. I just can't because am a Management student.. who would like to contribute to open community.. and thinks that technology is a basic right for common people and should not be limited to the upper cream layer of the community..

well,, I dunno what to say other than this, as i think most people think in the same way..

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Because people are too lazy
Blaming laziness for people not willing to develop something for someone who they don't even know sounds not only ignorant but selfish, too; usually the reason people don't do the thing someone random wants them to do is one of the following reasons: better things to do, no skills to do it, or no time for it.

Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
better things to do, no skills to do it, or no time for it.

Well, what if we unite all the open source community and work towards the common goal of bringing technology to everyone..

Even nokia is getting into this just to make money which will definetly be the ultimate reason for any corporate.. what if we change it..