Notices

Closed Thread
hy all im new user for n900, can any 1 teach me or guide me about the emulator games, i got the emulator player like snes,segamastergear.... but i dont know how to make a rom for playing those game, i trying to download a rom from the web but the emulator cant read, please tell me what i should do to play my favorite game in my lovely phone sory if i miss spell my English is poor....

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
From Wikipedia:
ROMs can be copied from the read-only memory chips found in cartridge-based games and many arcade machines using a dedicated device in a process known as dumping. For most common home video game systems, these devices are widely available. Dumping ROMs from arcade machines, which in fact are highly customized PCBs, often requires individual setups for each machine along with a large amount of expertise.

Creating images from other media is often considerably easier and can often be performed with off-the-shelf hardware. For example, the creation of tape images from games stored on magnetic tapes (from, for example, the Sinclair ZX80 computer) generally involves simply playing the magnetic tape using a standard audio tape player connected to the line-in of a PC sound card. This is then recorded to an audio file and transformed into a tape image file using another program. Likewise, many CD and DVD games may be copied using a standard PC CD/DVD drive.
Which means you need to buy a device to read and dump the information from the cart,which you can get from the web, but if you own the game(in most countries) you can download the rom that others have made and play. if its a cdrom based system you can very easily use your PC to rip the data into an iso format and play.
but I can't give you site that store roms as that against forum policy.

if you need more help, post your questions...

go on google and search for snes mario kart rom. download it load it on to ur n900 and get the emulator to play it. Erm you can only download that rom if u have purchased that particular game

The Following User Says Thank You to airjaff For This Useful Post:
yeah i have read the forum policy that why i only ask how to make it, because i dont understand with many command, i have already the ISO image maker so mean to say i just make a image of the any CD game to PC? then i make it iso format then transfer to my device????

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
what type of game is it? ps1?
and what os are you using?

Last edited by Tiboric; 2010-07-24 at 13:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
go on google and search for snes mario kart rom. download it load it on to ur n900 and get the emulator to play it. Erm you can only download that rom if u have purchased that particular game
i already try to download but the emulator player cant read i download in *.zip format so how if i have the cd game then what i should do? copy the image in PC? then whatelse?

thanks so much for the guide

Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
what type of game is it? ps1?
i have ps 1,2 and nintendo Wii

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=12

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Closed Thread