Active Topics

Hi, how the title suggest I want to revert to original sys-ui.

I have installed INCEPTION and various add-ons, like MT-Toggles, but when I tried to install apps (also from the store) the device gave me an error.
I have tried to:
1. use the restore functions integrated;
2. reinstall the software from the Nokia suite in order to return to stock conditions but the usb connection seem to "jump" when the installation start (after a regular download);
3. uninstall from application manager inception and all signs of the hack but It isn't possible.
all was useless.

I would have thought to flash the phone but Navifirm doesn't works, and I'm not able to find a firmware from a valid source.

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Thanks in advance

(I apologize for any grammatical errors but my English is not very good)

Last edited by smoone; 2013-05-13 at 10:36.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by smoone View Post
I would have thought to flash the phone but Navifirm doesn't works, and I'm not able to find a firmware from a valid source.
Navifirm works. Tell me your variant and I'll give you the download link.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
You can also edit refhash list and fix incepted lines back to com.nokia.maemo origin and resign the refhashlist, after that you can just apt-get --reinstall install the original packages over the incepted ones.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
You can also edit refhash list and fix incepted lines back to com.nokia.maemo origin and resign the refhashlist, after that you can just apt-get --reinstall install the original packages over the incepted ones.
Sorry, but I don't understand... Can you explain better the passage I need to reinstall the original sys-ui...
Thanks

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
More simple way if inception installed, as root:
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall -d -y system-ui
and
Code:
/usr/sbin/incept /var/cache/apt/archives/system-ui*

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Code:
and
Code:
Thank you! I have applied your way and I have solved simply!

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Code:
and
Code:
Oh my GOD!
I have a problem, a serious problem, after unistalling components like INCEPTION and others add-ons, I reboot.
The problem is that:
the phone starts, but as soon as the word "nokia" should disappear, giving way to the "circle of loading" home screen restarts.

Have I to flash?

Other solution?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
If you think you can repair your system manually, flash ubiboot-02, and then telnet into your N9.

You can now mount and chroot back into Harmattan to try to fix what's probably broken.

Schturman 'solution' was ofcourse NOT a real solution, it still used incepted origin which means that application manager stays as broken as always.

You need to use adriane or opensh will all capas to resign the refhashlist if you want to cleanly uninstall incepted packages and inception itself too.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

And ofcourse here is the instructions how to do that cleanly, maybe too late for you, but for next people in troubles. This example assumes that you have incepted opensh with all capas.

# devel-su
# opensh
# perl -pi -w -e 's#21 com.nokia.maemo/local#15 com.nokia.maemo#smg' /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist
# perl -pi -w -e 's#com.nokia.maemo/local#com.nokia.maemo#smg' /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf
# accli -c tcb-sign -F /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist -i /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist
# accli -c tcb-sign -F /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf -i /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf
# /usr/sbin/validator-init; aegis-loader 2>/dev/null ;echo 1 > /sys/kernel/security/validator/flush
# apt-get install -y --reinstall system-ui
# /sbin/reboot

AND BIG DISCLAIMER IN HERE, YOU WILL MALF YOUR DEVICE, IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

After boot all the incepted packages have turned into normal nokia packages and you can apt-get original nokia packages over them just fine.

This also fixes inception, that in the future it will incept packages as com.nokia.maemo instead of buggy com.nokia.maemo/local

Same thing as ariadne script (devel-su; ariadne sh -c "sh /path/to/script"):
Code:
#!/bin/sh

RED='\033[1;31m'
NORMAL='\033[0m'
YELLOW='\033[1;33m'
BLINK='\033[5m'

echo ""
echo -e "${RED}${BLINK} WAIT!${NORMAL}${RED} until it finish process !!!${NORMAL}"
echo -e "${YELLOW}Your phone will reboot automatically!${NORMAL}"
echo ""
read -p "Press Enter to start fixer: " end

perl -pi -w -e 's#21 com.nokia.maemo/local#15 com.nokia.maemo#smg' /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist
perl -pi -w -e 's#com.nokia.maemo/local#com.nokia.maemo#smg' /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf
accli -c tcb-sign -F /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist -i /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist
accli -c tcb-sign -F /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf -i /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf
/usr/sbin/validator-init; aegis-loader 2>/dev/null ;echo 1 > /sys/kernel/security/validator/flush
apt-get install -y --reinstall system-ui
reboot

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-06-20 at 14:13. Reason: Fixed the script

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: