Active Topics

Notices

see this video of stargus running on my N800 here.

for those that are unfamiliar, this is the Starcraft clone titled Stargus running on the Nokia N800. Stargus is a work-in-progress running on the stratagus engine. I didn't include the sound in this video, but most sound effects are included along with the theme music. I would say it is 90% Starcraft. They haven't added all units yet but most of the terran and zerg are finished. Functionally, it is very much starcraft and is very useful for those wanting to play the game on Linux or any platform other than windows as stratagus is opensource.

stratagus is an engine so other RTS games can be cloned with it (Warcraft 1 and 2 for example) and original RTS games can be produced with it.

i installed stargus using the same instructions as described in this thread, with the only difference that instead of using data files from Warcraft 2, i used data files from the original starcraft CD using stargus on my PC.

what you do then, is within the stratagus folder, put in the data folder for starcraft and call it stargus and use this in xterm:

Code:
stratagus -v 2 -d /media/mmc1/games/stratagus/stargus
*in the nokia N800, mmc1 is your "removable" SD card, placed in the outer SD slot that is accessible on the outer right edge.

*when you first run stargus, it won't be in fullscreen, you'll just need to goto settings within stargus and tick fullscreen to fix it.

*if double-click for right-click doesn't work when you first run stargus, exit the program completely and restart it. should work, in my experience, i exited, then ran Wargus (warcraft 2) then ran stargus again and right-click (double click) was fine.

*the shortcut in the application menu for stratagus doesn't work after install, so use the xterm code i provide above. i'm using a custom shortcut placed in the app personal menu using this code.

Last edited by lowtek; 2010-03-30 at 04:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowtek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Feel free to update this for anything N800 specific. http://wiki.maemo.org/Starcraft

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
stratagus is an engine so other RTS games can be cloned with it (Warcraft 1 and 2 for example)...

So, where could I find the working warcraft 1?? this is really my dream! could you help me?

War1gus is project for Warcraft 1 support. But is still not working...
Some people working on it, see reported bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/war1gus/+bug/664732

Project site: https://launchpad.net/war1gus/