Active Topics

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
I trying to save some text files with the .py extension. The tablet's default text editor saves the files as txt or html and I cant find a way to change this. For example, if I save my file as hello.py it will save it as hello.py.txt
I tried leafpad, but that seems to save my .py files as binary (application/octet-stream) and my S60 platform protests when I run my script.
PyGTKeditor looks good, but I'm using Diablo and the installer complains that something is missing.
And there's VIM - err, no thanks.

Can anyone offer a solution to the extension problem or perhaps recommend an editor I've missed?

Thanks.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by leke View Post
I trying to save some text files with the .py extension. The tablet's default text editor saves the files as txt or html and I cant find a way to change this. For example, if I save my file as hello.py it will save it as hello.py.txt
I tried leafpad, but that seems to save my .py files as binary (application/octet-stream) and my S60 platform protests when I run my script.
PyGTKeditor looks good, but I'm using Diablo and the installer complains that something is missing.
And there's VIM - err, no thanks.
Can anyone offer a solution to the extension problem or perhaps recommend an editor I've missed?

Thanks.
A big chef for a short-order cook, but you will like it, dl and install emelfm2. It is a GUI, file manager and a swiss army knife for renaming, create directory...., it is NOT user friendly though :-|

bun

Maybe doesn't help you but for me leafpad works, no problems. Have you checked that problem isn't on the other end?

emelfm2 looks like a bit of a beast. It game me an idea though. Maybe MC would do the same job?
Maybe doesn't help you but for me leafpad works, no problems. Have you checked that problem isn't on the other end?
I've been sending and running scripts from ubuntu with no problems. I'll try to find if it could be something else.

Seems to be working now. I don't know what happened. Anyway, thanks for your help

To fix the dependency problem and install pygtkeditor have a look at this post.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...0&postcount=69