Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
First off, great forum, guys.

I ordered an 810 from buy.com about 2 weeks ago, and I've been reading these threads ever since.

It kinda sucks tho, reading about this wicked device and not bein able to try the tips and tricks out.

So for now I'm just gettin my feet wet. I'll be all over this mofo once (if) it comes.

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-03-30 at 00:17.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
It's great to see positive threads like this. Hope you enjoy it as much as you're expecting to! We're usually glad to help out with problems... if you're nice to us

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
It's great to see positive threads like this. Hope you enjoy it as much as you're expecting to! We're usually glad to help out with problems... if you're nice to us
I thought I'd lighten the mood after the omega thread...

I'm sure I'll need some kinda help... last time I used linux was redhat back in the 90s!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Welcome to ITT JayOnThaBeat!

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Tablets are now a rare species (no idea why). Be patient, and you will be rewarded.

P.S. I bought mine from Dell. Weird, but it was $40 cheaper at the time...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I notice that buy.com does have n810s in stock, but they aren't as cheap as the one you bought. I wonder if you're going to be waiting a long time for your tablet, because your SKU was for a special discounted price, which they have sold out of... I think you may have to cancel your order and buy the more expensive one.

buy.com: N810 for $250

EDIT: Aha, buy.com isn't selling this one, it is from "Electronica Direct" who are selling through buy.com's "Marketplace"... That's why it's more expensive, and why it is in stock...

If I were you, and I was as desperate as you sound, I'd just bite the proverbial bullet, pay the extra, and get the tablet

Last edited by qole; 2009-03-31 at 23:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Chicago, IL
May I recommend CDW...I ordered mine on the 25th of March and mine is due in on the 7th or so of April...and not to mention the great price...$225.99 before taxes...I don't know what it would be for shipping, I'm in Chicago so I can just pick mine up from our CDW store here...Here's the link to the N810: http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/def...px?edc=1339166 Hope this can help you get your NIT...

It's in Vernon Hills...What I did was called them up and said to put it on Will Call...If you do this tonight, I think you may have a good chance to get it in on the 7th like me...The location is: http://www.cdw.com/content/about/loc...rections.asp#7 And they did say May to me...but I knew this was a lie since I went to the store in the first place and they quoted me on the 6th...So, call them and put it on Will Call...

The Following User Says Thank You to crez42 For This Useful Post:
Well...If you do call and order from CDW, they should be able to ship it to you...My final cost is $240.18 and that is w/o shipping since it is going to the store...You say you only have 220 to spend...? Anyways, they lied about the date...but now it should be a better date...Let me know what you're gonna do...

Well...fyi...CDW is getting them in as we speak...And can only assume that Buy is getting them now because even Nokia had them backordered and they currently are...(checks...) still on backorder...Hmm...well, I wish you good hunting...