I opened it up to fit a new keybaod ( cheap piece of sh*t from ebay)

However when I screwed it all back there is a noticable gap betwwen the bottom and top units.

It starts off ok at the back and as it goes forward to the front of th ephone it gets wider!

I took it apart and rescrewed it - same thing happended!

Am I making an obvious error here?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
well wtf, you already said 3 keys were falling off within 24 hrs, how did you get it together last time?
maybe this helps, i dunno. doesn't really sound like something we can help with...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOgVg5kVwbg

Exactly mate - I took it apart and put my old keypad back in, even though it had the broken space bar!

I'll give it a go.....

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Have you followed any online tutorial about how to assemble or disassemble the N900? There are few out there, even on Youtube

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Next time try getting a keypad from www.thenokiaparts.com

the same thing happened to me....as far as not being able to get it back together right.

what you have to do is attach cable to the board. fit 4 protruding parts into the four holes on the board. slide open as you would if using the keyboard. when its open at max...tilt towards you slightly and this makes the metal piece sticking out go under the keyboard.slide close fully and voila! no gap.
Originally Posted by FP125 View Post
I opened it up to fit a new keybaod ( cheap piece of sh*t from ebay)

However when I screwed it all back there is a noticable gap betwwen the bottom and top units.

It starts off ok at the back and as it goes forward to the front of th ephone it gets wider!

I took it apart and rescrewed it - same thing happended!

Am I making an obvious error here?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Sekou718 View Post
the same thing happened to me....as far as not being able to get it back together right.

what you have to do is attach cable to the board. fit 4 protruding parts into the four holes on the board. slide open as you would if using the keyboard. when its open at max...tilt towards you slightly and this makes the metal piece sticking out go under the keyboard.slide close fully and voila! no gap.
Experienced the same thing. The metal piece does the trick