Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
Are you starting vcmiserver yourself? The VCMI wiki states the vcmiserver is not working yet, so I'm not sure if you started it, or if it is started by vcmiclient in some way.
Nope. See below.

EDIT: The error sais: Cannot open interprocess memory: Permission denied
fatalsaint, could you describe how exactly you are running vcmi?
Nothing special.

Open X-Term

Code:
/opt/vcmi/bin/vcmiclient
Random Thought... I'm using the enhanced kernel for overclocking. I could see that affecting interprocess memory possibly?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
I also have this kernel installed, not using overclocking though. Well, apparently I'm the only one with this issue, so I guess it's not relevant for others... Thanks anyway!
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

Check out 0.82svn1781-0maemo1 (in extras/devel). It implements working scrolling (drag and drop). It's no smooth sliding, but works perfectly. Credits go to Tow dragon!
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-08-27 at 17:02. Reason: It's sliding, just not smoothly

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Keep up the good work 0x47!

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Sure, thanks. But I guess I was a bit too fast again. Check out http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?p=5117#5117

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Hmmm... I'm getting an error trying on step 1 while trying to install vcmi using your guide:

/var/cache/apt/archives/libsdl-ttf2.0_2.0.9-1osso0+0m5_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

What could cause this?

The reason is, that I have a build dependency on libsdl-ttf2.0-dev. This automatically implements a runtime dependency for libsdl-ttf2.0 (without the -dev). So far so good. But there is a libsdl-ttf2.0-0 package available which some other packages make use of. So apt tries to install libsdl-ttf2.0 which has the same files as the one with -2 in the end and fails because of this.

The actual problem is the missing libsdl-ttf2.0-0-dev (note the -0). So I can't use this package to build, but some other applications still use the runtime package of it.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Following my guide VCMI should still install, even tho the error was thrown. Did you try to run it after installing with apt-get?

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-08-27 at 17:06.

fatalsaint, the solution for my need to run vcmiclient as root is here: http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?p=5126#5126
Pretty straight forward, huh?

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
fatalsaint, the solution for my need to run vcmiclient as root is here: http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?p=5126#5126
Pretty straight forward, huh?
well that's interesting. I wonder how yours was different than mine though? Must have happened during a build I didn't get..?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
As Tow suspected, I was running VCMI with root the first time. The file was created with root as it's owner. Therefore a normal user could not use it any more...

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fheroes2, homm