OK. In App Manager, the info shows the package status as "Broken and cannot update"; the installed and available versions are the same.

Not sure what might have changed, or when. The only recent config change was the 0.5.6. update to ASUI. (Now at 0.5.7, but the SSU "update" was flagged at the same time the ASUI update was.)

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
It's been showing up for me for a while too. I've assumed it was something to do with the DiabloTurbo kernel, though I'm using ASUI too.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
You do not happen to have both community ssu and -testing enabled at the same time?

Nope. It's pretty standard: Extras, Extras-devel, Community SSU, and the 3 Nokia ones.

I did have community ssu-testing in my catalog, but on disabling it, I'm still seeing the "broken" update.
I haven't installed Diablo Turbo (yet).

This is really good news. I'm going to upgrade as soon as I get home from work.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Anyone having the "broken cssu update" AFTER installing DiabloTurbo, is because it doesn't installed osso-sofware-version-unlocked
If this is the case, install osso-software-version-rx??-unlocked (apt-get install osso-software-version-rx??-unlocked). (where ??=34 for N800, 44 for N810, 48 for N810-WiMax) to fix the problem.

Thanks, maacruz. I think I'd tried that once before. On the N810 I get a bunch of package errors for dbus, dbus-1-utils, gconf2, libdbus-1-3, libgcon2-6, mini-rc, sysvinit, osso-pdf-viewer. Something is depending on older versions than are (or will be) installed. Maybe I'll poke around some more, but I'd rather not mess it up more.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by akorvemaker View Post
Thanks, maacruz. I think I'd tried that once before. On the N810 I get a bunch of package errors for dbus, dbus-1-utils, gconf2, libdbus-1-3, libgcon2-6, mini-rc, sysvinit, osso-pdf-viewer. Something is depending on older versions than are (or will be) installed. Maybe I'll poke around some more, but I'd rather not mess it up more.
Sometimes apt-get is a PITA
Download directly the package from the repo:
http://repository.maemo.org/communit...0.33-1_all.deb
Remove the osso-software-version-rx44 package by hand (dpkg -r osso-software-version-rx44)
And install the new one by hand (dpkg -i osso-software-version-rx44-unlocked_5.2010.33-1_all.deb)
That will solve your problem.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-05-06 at 00:20.

I wonder if I'm the only person with N800+CSSU+ASUI but not Diable Turbo.

Could ASUI have linked to one of the things DT required that, in turn, required the osso-unlocked package?

Tags
diablo, maemo 4