Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
when enabling WSEGL_UseHWSync the hildon get laggy when scrolling,anybody facing this probem

if your like me and don't care about fancy transitions. search transition in the HAM and get the transition control and set all values to 0. its not a real speed up, just a visual one

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2011-05-18 at 16:02.

Man, hw acceleration works great! Hopefully it stays stable. But the extra smoothness is nice on the eyes for sure.

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by augustthe View Post
when enabling WSEGL_UseHWSync the hildon get laggy when scrolling,anybody facing this probem
HWSync hasn't anything to do with hw acceleration, because it's just enabling the vertical-blanc-interrupt-sync. First off this cause the animation to look nice and 2nd it makes the device lags because the software gets sync to the vertical-blanc interrupt of the graphic-processor. This can only work if the software making the transition can draw a full transition in one (1) vertical-blanc (vbl). Obviously this isn't your observeration (lag) and although on many device its cause a reboot loop.

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-05-18 at 18:02.

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
A very simple bench mark could be something like:
Code:
echo "2^2^20" | time bc
(you'll need to install 'bc' from the repos). It makes the CPU calculate a big sum. It will give you a few timing values at the end - these can be used to compare before and after results.

FYI, my N900 gives:
Code:
real    0m 20.64s
user    0m 19.05s
sys     0m 0.05s
Sorry for the noob question, what is this bc? couldn't find it on app manager :S

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Sorry for the noob question, what is this bc? couldn't find it on app manager :S
bc is command line calc program - one of those handy old linux utils. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bc_programming_language

to install try
Code:
root
apt-get install bc
Not too sure which repos it's in...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
bc = big calculation or big num(ber). It's a number larger than double integer or any other number bigger than a 32 bit processor and thus doesn't fit into a cpu register.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
what is the impact this will have on battery life?
well for me i have smart reflex enabled
heavy usage (browsing - mediaplayer - webos games) about 8 continuos hours
and if standby only gsm - a bit mediaplayer well last about 3 -4 days

Code:
real     0m 15.44s
user     0m 14.09s
sys      0m 0.04s
tbh with all the settings enabled from this guide, all of which i already had anyway d=, if you just lower the cpu to say 250 with smartflex, lower your screen brightness you really are going to see an improvement in battery power

and if you are going to go power mad with 1050mhz ect then you will see an improvement compared to stock 600mhz

gav

Tags
bullsh*t, cow poo, snake oil