Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
yes Gerbick, I was actually looking for a Xournal type app for Android since you can get a stylus that will also work. Unfortunately I only found some unpolished notepads apps without the ability to save etc.
The Samsung Galaxy 2 has only a capacitive Touchscreen. Even with a Sylus not very accurate.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
yes Gerbick, I was actually looking for a Xournal type app for Android since you can get a stylus that will also work. Unfortunately I only found some unpolished notepads apps without the ability to save etc.
Handrite is an option.

Just to update after 18 months with the N900 and this forum, I've got the Samsung Galaxy S 2 and oh my gosh, it is a phenomenal phone!
ORLY? as a gadget I am sure it is fantatstic. As a phone? I dont think so. Androids implementation of the 'phone' feature just ****ing blows. Everyone knows if you want a good 'phone' you get a symbian.

The main thing I miss about the N900 is the hardware keyboard but even that feeling is diminishing by the day as I get accustomed to the touch screen keyboard and swype (which is amazing in portrait mode).
Cool story bro, now tell me how I swype a double tab into xterm?

Other things include true multi-tasking (I've not figured out how to have two email messages open at the same time).
Are you ****ing high? Do you even know what multi-tasking is? Unless of course 'true multi-tasking' as a marketing name for something that isnt actually multitasking.

Also it would be good to have a stylus for certain websites, to save the zooming in and out so I'm going to be ordering one soon.
Good thinking, if only there was somewhere to attach the stylus to the 'phone'

All in all, I am delighted with the phone, the screen is second to none, responsiveness makes the N900 feel like a dead tortoise, the browser experience is fantastic with the fastest rendering I've ever had the pleasure to use. It plays MKV (h264) straight out of the box and google navigation is pretty awesome with free Traffic updates.
Free as in without financial cost, not a cost that can be easured in privacy.

Battery life - too early to tell at this stage as I have not yet put the phone down.
yeah, good luck with that.

Customisable -as much as the N900 but made easier by the greater number of apps (many free).
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

Clearly an android is the best device for you. Its gee-wiz APPZ and gadgetry is ideal for your user level.

Just remember you have given up the most flexible piece of pocket hardware ever made just so you can lol-tweet on your faceblog.

Good luck.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-05-27 at 14:18.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
The Samsung Galaxy 2 has only a capacitive Touchscreen. Even with a Sylus not very accurate.
I use SyncSpace with an oStylus and get results good enough to capture my writing legibly and easily.

The whole "it's not accurate with a stylus" is great for those that benefit from one. But an easy to scratch plastic resistive screen as opposed to the glass capacitive screen doesn't equate to an argument for most that benefit from it, nor would miss using it if it were to disappear. Especially with the loss of multi-touch being a problem... lack of apps being the other.

There's a ton of other threads that go back and forth on that one subject; I find it a non-issue since I have Adobe Ideas (iOS), SyncSpace (Android & iOS), Adobe Easel (iOS), Handrite (Android), Sketchbook Pro (iOS & Android) and quite a few other apps as opposed to having to install EasyDebian, then get access to some truly great apps or deal with apps that will not get an update ever again all because a stylus works well with them. Minor point that months after my N900 sell, I don't miss.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH
...Minor point that months after my N900 sell, I don't miss.
Its because you are a power naab.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Qatar
Rest in piece good bye

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
ORLY? as a gadget I am sure it is fantatstic. As a phone? I dont think so. Androids implementation of the 'phone' feature just ****ing blows.
It's better than the N900's implementation of a phone stack by miles.

Everyone knows if you want a good 'phone' you get a symbian.
Hmm. Okay... if you say so.

Cool story bro, now tell me how I swype a double tab into xterm?
Cool specific quirk bro.

Are you ****ing high? Do you even know what multi-tasking is? Unless of course 'true multi-tasking' as a marketing name for something that isnt actually multitasking.
Already covered before your curse-laden attempt of a post.

Good thinking, if only there was somewhere to attach the stylus to the 'phone'
The love of stylus' (styluses, stylii?) around here makes me wonder if they're being used for sexual pleasure too. I mean... if you're into that kind of thing, go for it.

Free as in without financial cost, not a cost that can be easured in privacy.
Privacy. Such an antiquated idea.

yeah, good luck with that.
Two words for you... four leaf clover.

Oh wait... that's three words.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.
MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can be evil too!

Just remember you have given up the most flexible piece of pocket hardware ever made just so you can lol-tweet on your faceblog.
Correction. Nokia gave up on the most piece of flexible piece of pocket hardware ever made. Left you and I high and dry. At least there's finally a good Twitter app on the N900. Check out Tweed Suit by mece... it's actually damn nice.

Good luck.
Love the vitriol that ends with a good luck statement. I'm quite sure after we chew out everybody, drill sergeant style, stomp a mudhole in their backsides, call them everything but the son of Jeebus that by stating "Good Luck" it makes it all better.

I'm serious. I know my rainy day just went sunny side with that sentiment. Bless you buddy.

The above post was brought to you by the Friday Humour Group® - "Don't be mad... just place a stylus in your glory hole and be glad!"

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
How this device does "true multitasking"?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Its because you are a power naab.
What, pray tell is a naab?

Sorta like a Saab but less sleak? I mean, I know I'm not all that aerodynamic, but why did you have to remind me of that today!? That's my biggest flaw... my lack of aerodynamics man!!

That hurt my feelings. Take it back you big meanie.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
How this device does "true multitasking"?
It doesn't. N900 does. I'm an Android user and even I won't allow myself to think that it does true multi-tasking.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, fight!, who gives a fok, woohoo