Notices

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by cpulvermacher View Post
After the alarm didn't go off, was the alarm still active? (i.e. did it have a check mark?)
Does the "Test Alarm" button work?
yes and yes...

If you close EvilAlarm and reopen it, does it keep the configured settings? (including alarm time)
If it can't save them, it just fails silently right now
Though I have no idea why your alarm would still be marked as active after that - does that also happen when you just set it a few minutes into the future?

If you close EvilAlarm and reopen it, does it keep the configured settings? (including alarm time)
yes, it keep the configured setting..

does that also happen when you just set it a few minutes into the future?
no, it's worked well..

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
@Temporal:
The CSSU seems to include a newer Qt version, will have to check if that's the culprit...
Looks like it was. In the new CSSU, I could see the semi trsnaparent gray square, (and the CSSU did make some changes about the qt libs), so...

Thank you, and sorry for the problem that was not yours |

@Schturman: That's quite odd. Is the "time left until alarm" message when you set the alarm correct? E.g. it should show 9:00 when you set the alarm to 8:00 when it's currently 23:00

@Temporal: Heh, glad you figured it out

@Schturman: That's quite odd. Is the "time left until alarm" message when you set the alarm correct? E.g. it should show 9:00 when you set the alarm to 8:00 when it's currently 23:00
Yes, I know.. I put alarm to 06:00 when it's currently 23:00, I saw the message "time left until alarm 7 hours"
My wife woke me up at 7 am because the phone is not ringing .. I took the phone and felt he was a little hot .. I opened software and I again see a message left for several hours until the ring but for the next day ..
I also noticed that sometimes when I set an hour, leaving the program, click on status bar (clock), I see volume fell down ... Maybe that's why he was not ringing, because volume was lower.. I checked the software - high volume.. For now I every time check the volume after the program closes..

@Schturman:
I'm adjusting volume for playback, so that shouldn't matter.

Right now I've no idea why this might happen :/

The Following User Says Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Yes, I know.. I put alarm to 06:00 when it's currently 23:00, I saw the message "time left until alarm 7 hours"
My wife woke me up at 7 am because the phone is not ringing .. I took the phone and felt he was a little hot .. I opened software and I again see a message left for several hours until the ring but for the next day ..
I also noticed that sometimes when I set an hour, leaving the program, click on status bar (clock), I see volume fell down ... Maybe that's why he was not ringing, because volume was lower.. I checked the software - high volume.. For now I every time check the volume after the program closes..
I recognize such problems that Schturman mentions; I didn't do a thorough investigation to find out the cause of this, but as he pointed out, when it doesn't ring, the phone is quite hot when you touch it, and by opening Conky, I see it is consuming all of the CPU cycles available, draining the battery this way. I have to open the terminal and execute a killall evilalarm in order to stop the software.

Last edited by Paratroopa; 2011-07-07 at 14:35.

EvilAlarm 0.9 is now in extras-devel:

* Major interface overhaul, many thanks to Olli Savolainen
* Stop media player when alarm starts (no sound otherwise)
* Fix audio hang when playback is paused right before repeating
* Added 'Normal' module with a stop button (default for new installations)
* Blubbels module: Allow user to finish game when alarm is over

You can see some screenshots of the new UI at http://www.pilpi.net/software/evilalarm/

Sources are available from the package page or from https://github.com/cpulvermacher/EvilAlarm/tags

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
it is been a long time since any new update for evil alarm, Thanks!............

BTW you did add a new option for daily, weekly, or selected days alarm?can you please add one option to repeat alarm(even every basic alarm has this type of options) so why don't this powerfull evil alarm does not have this!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos