I believe misterc was banned? I noticed that by coincidence some time ago and was surprised. Maybe shady is really him then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Maemo?

Rich
yes, thats my question, will they use maemo like with n900 or maybe something new... just thinking...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I've been shown a photo (by K123) of how you can swipe off a currently playing video off to the side and bring up another window. It looks way too cooool. The video just simply swipes off the screen following the tip of your finger to show another app/launcher seemingly underneath it. (it's like a virtual desktop on top of another and you simply swipe it to the side to reveal what's below it) This is all with the video still playing in the background even while/after it's swiped off the screen. AWESOME.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I've been shown a photo (by K123) of how you can swipe off a currently playing video off to the side and bring up another window. It looks way too cooool. The video just simply swipes off the screen following the tip of your finger to show another app/launcher seemingly underneath it. (it's like a virtual desktop on top of another and you simply swipe it to the side to reveal what's below it) This is all with the video still playing in the background even while/after it's swiped off the screen. AWESOME.
wow

all this informations out of 1 pic...

@K123: me too?

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Did I already say that I hate you guys?

Ok, now seriously: what happens to apps that use lateral swipe as an action? For example, what if you open a photo viewer, and want to go to the next/previous one?

The Following User Says Thank You to suy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
yes, thats my question, will they use maemo like with n900 or maybe something new... just thinking...
When did nokia first used maemo as a marketing term? I remember seeing the 770 nokia page and it said OS2007...

Originally Posted by suy View Post
Ok, now seriously: what happens to apps that use lateral swipe as an action? For example, what if you open a photo viewer, and want to go to the next/previous one?
look at my pics from teaser (my sig -> album "from menu to already opened gallery"), the pics where the finger slides the gallery into the main menu. in this case, the gallery could be the video player or any other app... and if its a movie, its playing the whole time, even if you have only half-swyped into...

does this answer your question?

EDIT!!!

take a special look at the first pic in that album, the gallery is already opened and this is a moment the finger did not touched the screen, so the next app is visible at the bezel

Last edited by Brock; 2011-06-07 at 22:26.

Yeah. It was all out of 1 photo. (and a little explanation by K123) Basically, it was a photo with half of the screen showing the video and half showing the launcher with the icons (seemingly 3D like as the launcher really looks like it's underneath the video overlay.. Maybe some nice shadow effect at the edge of where the video/launcher meets...)

I wish he could show me a video of it. But that's asking a little too much. =P

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
look at my pics from teaser (my sig -> album "from menu to already opened gallery"), the pics where the finger slides the gallery into the main menu. in this case, the gallery could be the video player or any other app... and if its a movie, its playing the whole time, even if you have only half-swyped into...

does this answer your question?

EDIT!!!

take a special look at the first pic in that album, the gallery is already opened and this is a moment the finger did not touched the screen, so the next app is visible at the bezel
Not exactly. What I mean is: if you are seeing a picture (just one) and you swipe, what happens? You go to another app, or you go to another photo?

Originally Posted by suy View Post
Not exactly. What I mean is: if you are seeing a picture (just one) and you swipe, what happens? You go to another app, or you go to another photo?
I believe you have to swipe from "outside" the screen to get the multitask-swipe. (like how N900 reacts in MicroB etc)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland