Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
I go for number 2

I don't think there's too much worry about accidentally having taps cause we still need to press the power button to access that first right? unless by implementing this, tapping on the screen also shows this unlock screen
The other colourized notification bar was too colourful. I toned it down a bit.
I got rid of the current/total time for playback, and instead I have a countdown timer.

EDIT: I think I should've emphasized the fact that there actually is a button there, and not just a static bar.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-25 at 04:20.

@Hurrian
Perhaps you should make the music player larger? The small buttons might make it hard to press them.

Also can you integrate "unread messages" & "missed" with swipe gesture?
Like when you slide the unread messages it open conversation folder?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
I got rid of the current/total time for playback, and instead I have a countdown timer.

EDIT: I think I should've emphasized the fact that there actually is a button there, and not just a static bar.
I go 4 the 1st one,
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

The Following User Says Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I guess since those notifications are somewhat important, might as well give them more colour.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India

Great to see you've added the album art. But whats the white semi-circle jutting out to the left of the album cover? If its part of that album art, its fine. But if its going to be part of all other albums, I suggesy you remove that semi-circle.
And the N900 screen still has a lot more room, so why dont you consider displaying the artist below the name of the song. Just a suggestion.

It could be like: Song
Artist
Album

Another idea is that you create semi transparent boxes.
The top bar displays the clock and date as usual, but in the center.
And a new semi transparent box appears like a Now Playing Widget when the Music Player is active.

Same goes for event notifications. A semi transparent notification widget which displays events like missed calls or messages.
If we click on the widget, it should slide down to show name & photo thumbnail of the caller or the sender of the message. And clicking on it should open the respective application i.e, Phone or conversations, respectively.

This was an idea inspired by the Notification widget used on the Symbian Homescreen. Its available on the oldie N97, N8,etc

Talking about notification widgets, hope someone would develop a Notification widget for the maemo homescreen too.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I wish to caution against feature lumping:

I love the idea of giving users features that they want, however, I don't like people getting cluttered with features they don't want either. and that's likely to happen as more stuff gets added (for example, I wouldn't mind having most of the above ideas, but I probably would be happy without the album art, and in fact I would rather not have it; some others might not want the notifications, or might not want the media player elements, etc). So I think it would be ideal if the features being discussed thus far are all toggle-able in some settings menu/gconf.

I.E. the package should be flexible, is what I'm saying. And in as far as possible it would be nice if it was built with memory/CPU light-weight-ness as a background goal. (If possible, it'd be great if the program for this lock screen selectively only kept the pieces in RAM that are enabled by the user - I.E. so that disabling album art, for example, doesn't just change the aesthetic outward appearance but also keeps the device from loading up the icon of the album art into RAM.)

And as a personal preference, as with the CSSU, SMSCON, etc, a separate package could provide a GUI settings applet for tweaking said settings (and so power users could install just the lock screen and not the settings app if they want to).

Oh, PS: I concur, MohammadAG, you deserve an N950... maybe even 2.

Edit:

Oh, THEMES - I would be infinitely greatful if this tapped colors from the installed current theme - the various notifications could use whatever the default theme text colors are (there's quiet a few defined - I have no clue where half of them get used).

Alternatively, you COULD provide a default 'unthemed' variant that the program defaults to for some elements that you feel current theme offerings don't provide for, and then simply publish what needs to be added to a theme to effect that element - ala CSSU and portrait mode backgrounds for FAM - defaults to just solid black background, but if the right image is in the theme, it uses that as a background.

Also, if the Enhanced Lock Screen's lock slider was also theme influence-able, that would be great. (It's just nice to keep all this visual stuff within the Theme structure, in my opinion, especially for UI replacements/additions, instead of among many scattered config/image/icon folders.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-06-25 at 04:59.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
I guess since those notifications are somewhat important, might as well give them more colour.

Really liked this one.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to warhawk007 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by warhawk007 View Post
Great to see you've added the album art. But whats the white semi-circle jutting out to the left of the album cover?
CD Art, I would've liked it to spin and change while playing music. I removed it, uses up too much space, and it's a gimmick.

Another idea is that you create semi transparent boxes.
The top bar displays the clock and date as usual, but in the center.
What the crap? This is a massive waste of space. That would be good if it were a portrait lockscreen.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I love the idea of giving users features that they want, however, I don't like people getting cluttered with features they don't want either. and that's likely to happen as more stuff gets added (for example, I wouldn't mind having most of the above ideas, but I probably would be happy without the album art, and in fact I would rather not have it; some others might not want the notifications, or might not want the media player elements, etc). So I think it would be ideal if the features being discussed thus far are all toggle-able in some settings menu/gconf.
I guess so, however it's up to MAG to implement these. Wonder if MAG will cook up both the sliding and tap lock and switch between them using gconf.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Really liked this one.

with u on that

s**t this is gonna be awesome

dont suppose its possible to also have a screen show when the device is locked? like the N9? such as a toned down version of the above? just the time and sms's/missed calls?

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-06-25 at 05:17.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
dont suppose its possible to also have a screen show when the device is locked?
This would be called "burning battery life" We don't have OLED technology like the N9 does.

Anyways, here's a rework of the design, to save a bit more screen space.

EDIT: I was inspired.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-25 at 05:31.