Active Topics

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
Searching and reading prior posts it appears that osso status bar is the app I amd looking for (ability o kill processes, screen capture) but I have been unable to locate it at maemo or in the "available apps" on my N800. Anyone know where I can get it and do I need other files for it to work. Thanks from a noobee trying to find his way around.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
some guys have done this wonderful job..

http://internettablettalk.com/wiki/i...08_OS_Software

for the screenshot part, you will need to install also the 'osso-screenshot-tool' ..

Chris

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by mikeob View Post
Searching and reading prior posts it appears that osso status bar is the app I amd looking for (ability o kill processes, screen capture) but I have been unable to locate it at maemo or in the "available apps" on my N800. Anyone know where I can get it and do I need other files for it to work. Thanks from a noobee trying to find his way around.
From your description [cpu - ram - commands - screenshot/delayed screenshot] you need load-applet-run [deb]

Apart from the above I also have osso-statusbar-cpu [old screenshots]
[no screenshot ability]
EDIT: can be added; scroll down to my post below or click here

As a back-up for screenshots I also have Maemo screengrabber.

[PS: I hope load-applet-run gets updated to os2008 as I especially like its user definable 'delayed' screenshot feature.]

Last edited by ichmoimeyo; 2007-12-04 at 20:38.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
Originally Posted by ichmoimeyo View Post
From your description [cpu - ram - commands - screenshot/delayed screenshot] you need load-applet-run [deb]

[no screenshot ability]

As a back-up for screenshots I also have Maemo screengrabber.

[PS: I hope load-applet-run gets updated to os2008 as I especially like its user definable 'delayed' screenshot feature.]
Thanks! I will try them out

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
[no screenshot ability]
As I understood it; The official version in maemo-hackers is not yet available. Though there is a version for 2008 at:
http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/m...statusbar-cpu/

The 'osso-statusbar-cpu' can take screenshots (at least mine can!) but it uses the 'osso-screenshot-tool' so this needs to be installed too. The command is already there for you, but you need to tweak it to save the picture in your preferred place.

Last edited by Saturn; 2007-12-04 at 16:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
As I understood it; The official version in maemo-hackers is not yet available. Though there is a version for 2008 at:
http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/maemo/chinook/osso-statusbar-cpu/

The 'osso-statusbar-cpu' can take screenshots (at least mine can!) but it uses the 'osso-screenshot-tool' so this needs to be installed too. The command is already there for you, but you need to tweak it to save the picture in your preferred place.
Thanks, Saturn; will try this when I migrate to 'chinook/os2008'.

The Following User Says Thank You to ichmoimeyo For This Useful Post:
Thanks, Saturn; will try this when I migrate to 'chinook/os2008'.
Yep.. Thank you for being so polite while reminding me that the world doesn't turn around chinook!

... I also have osso-statusbar-cpu [old screenshots]
[no screenshot ability] ...
UPDATE: screenshot ability can be added as follows

1) download & run this script in Xterm
http://maemo-hackers.org/attachment/....sh?format=raw

OR

2) add a new command yourself
[Settings - Commands - New]
Description:
Take screenshot
Command:
/bin/sh -c 'stamp=`date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M`; i=1; while [ -f /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png ]; do i=$((i+1)); done; osso-screenshot-tool /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png'

[PS: Now I need to figure out how to alter the command so as to build in a 5 second delay before taking screenshot]

[PS: Now I need to figure out how to alter the command so as to build in a 5 second delay before taking screenshot]
Adding sleep 5; somewhere before the screenshot command should do the trick.

UPDATE: screenshot ability can be added as follows

1) download & run this script in Xterm
http://maemo-hackers.org/attachment/....sh?format=raw

OR

2) add a new command yourself
Description:
Take screenshot
Command:
/bin/sh -c 'stamp=`date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M`; i=1; while [ -f /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png ]; do i=$((i+1)); done; osso-screenshot-tool /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png'

Originally Posted by dblank View Post
Adding sleep 5; somewhere before the screenshot command should do the trick.
Thanks, dblank

3) add another new command yourself
Description:
Take screenshot in 5 seconds
Command:
/bin/sh -c 'stamp=`date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M`; i=1; while [ -f /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png ]; do i=$((i+1)); done; sleep 5; osso-screenshot-tool /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ichmoimeyo For This Useful Post: