Active Topics

No, he will keep all updates open...

Read last few pages FFS, Pali stated when to expect kp48 long time ago, and just a day or two before Your post, he answered the very same question again...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Tigerite View Post
Yes, me.. but it really needs the swap notify patch, which I've shared with pali, but won't appear till v48. Once it's in power, I'll release the hounds debs
Bro, I am meego ultra horny for compcache. It is the closest thing we are going to get to a RAM upgrade.

Yeah. 128 ram, 128 for compcahe.

Gonna be sooooooooweeeeeet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
There are plans to try to compile n950's kernel 2.6.32 for N900 ?

Meego CE runs on a 2.6.3x kernel on the n900.
A while ago someone mentioned he was working on patches for the DSP to get 720p video working.
Will those patches be included in v48?

Freemangordon was/is working on that, but he hadn't posted any updates for quite some time - last time kernel side was working, but we needed updated userland parts. Still, freemangordon is active and I'm sure that he would tell us if, for any reasons, he would not be able to work on it anymore.

Long story short, I think You can't expect that in KP48. I think that it isn't as easy as it sound.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by MastaG View Post
A while ago someone mentioned he was working on patches for the DSP to get 720p video working.
Just for the record: is anybody here able to get "fluid" videos at the 480p25 resolution of the stock camera-ui recorder?

I see you guys talking about 720p, but I would be happy if the recorded videos didn't have that "frame dropped" looks...

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to rbrito For This Useful Post:
About the "epic" bq_27x00 module problem:

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
The N900 actually has a chip that can do this capacity measurement and tracking, but it's unused, and the OS shuts down before 6% level at which the chip updates/"learns" battery capacity, so it's stuck at 2048mAh on most N900s.
Can this be source of all our problems with bq module? If it fails to show real values, just because bme shut device down, before chip can "learn" values, can this be fixed by small modification of maemo version bq-27x00 module? Just to make it "learn" values sooner?

As we previously realized, bq_27x00 work flawlessly on other devices (i.e. notebooks), but fail on our N900. That would answer Pali's question "why?". Fixing hat would be AWESOME success, cause then, everyone would be able to measure REAL mAh capacity of her/his battery.

Pali, any chance You can do that? It's most unlikely, that bq_27x00 developers would like to change it's upstream behavior. It's strictly N900 oriented customization.

//Edit

shadowjk is 100% right, on my device full_charge is also stuck (on 1378 mAh, where i use 3000 mAh dual-scud), i.e. don't update/fluctuate anymore, by even 1 uAh.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2011-07-06 at 19:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Freemangordon was/is working on that, but he hadn't posted any updates for quite some time - last time kernel side was working, but we needed updated userland parts. Still, freemangordon is active and I'm sure that he would tell us if, for any reasons, he would not be able to work on it anymore.

Long story short, I think You can't expect that in KP48. I think that it isn't as easy as it sound.
The work was suspended for a while (I was working on CSSU tasknav). Hopefully tasknav is bugfree now (at least on gitorious) so I will use my free time for some other tasks.

Till now the status (with DSP patch and 720p playback) is:

- DSP kernel patch breaks MP4 playback with stock userland libraries, H264 is working. In order to have all stuff working lots of usermode components need to be changed(dsp codecs, gst-dsp, ti-omx, omapfb, maybe mediaplayer)

- 720p playback needs 900 MHz CPU overclock, 530 MHZ DSP overclock, DSP shared memory increased from 4 MB to 5 MB, video memory increased from 4 MB to 8 MB. Only MP4, no H264. And DSP codec used is from Samsung i8910 Omnia HD, no legal way to get it. TBH the only file I have to test with is 720p video shot with some Android phone, so have no idea which profiles are supported and what the performance is.

- 720p videos played on TV - well, that could be the point I will give up. OMAP3 DSS is just not capable to downsample 1280x720 to either PAL or NTSC resolution. I was able to get picture on my TV by using PowerVR scaler, which outputs video to graphics plane, not to overlay. Result is that it overwrites buttons in media player .

What's next? Well it is summer time here , so maybe I will rest for a while. After that I have to make a choice - whether to continue playing with DSP first or to try to make portrait home for CSSU first. Anyway at some point of time DSP project will be resumed. The best thing that could happen is if Felipe Contreras gives a hand on it. When I return to DSP I will contact him and try to convince him to give some help.

In between if someone wants to continue work on it , just ask, I will give all of the source code needed.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Can this be source of all our problems with bq module? If it fails to show real values, just because bme shut device down, before chip can "learn" values, can this be fixed by small modification of maemo version bq-27x00 module? Just to make it "learn" values sooner?
Learning cycle starts below 3248mV (EDV1 stored in EEPROM), OS shutdowns device at about 3200mV (a bit less in fact), so to start a learning cycle you just need to follow simple steps:
1. Fully charge the device.
2. Let it discharge without pluging-in power to the [3200mV, 3248mV]
3. Plugin-in power before it shutdowns and fully charge.
4. Repeat untill there will be a right learning cycle.
I spent a lot of time to make it do a learning cycle, but finally it did.
Moreover about specific of learning cycle here

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
The work was suspended for a while (I was working on CSSU tasknav). Hopefully tasknav is bugfree now (at least on gitorious) so I will use my free time for some other tasks.

Till now the status (with DSP patch and 720p playback) is:

- DSP kernel patch breaks MP4 playback with stock userland libraries, H264 is working. In order to have all stuff working lots of usermode components need to be changed(dsp codecs, gst-dsp, ti-omx, omapfb, maybe mediaplayer)

- 720p playback needs 900 MHz CPU overclock, 530 MHZ DSP overclock, DSP shared memory increased from 4 MB to 5 MB, video memory increased from 4 MB to 8 MB. Only MP4, no H264. And DSP codec used is from Samsung i8910 Omnia HD, no legal way to get it. TBH the only file I have to test with is 720p video shot with some Android phone, so have no idea which profiles are supported and what the performance is.

- 720p videos played on TV - well, that could be the point I will give up. OMAP3 DSS is just not capable to downsample 1280x720 to either PAL or NTSC resolution. I was able to get picture on my TV by using PowerVR scaler, which outputs video to graphics plane, not to overlay. Result is that it overwrites buttons in media player .

What's next? Well it is summer time here , so maybe I will rest for a while. After that I have to make a choice - whether to continue playing with DSP first or to try to make portrait home for CSSU first. Anyway at some point of time DSP project will be resumed. The best thing that could happen is if Felipe Contreras gives a hand on it. When I return to DSP I will contact him and try to convince him to give some help.

In between if someone wants to continue work on it , just ask, I will give all of the source code needed.
At least you can publish your source code here.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou