Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Quick comments about the volume discussion on the n810...

I think the system media player let's you adjust 'PCM' volume, which is different than the master volume, and there's also a way to adjust PCM volume with MPlayer, IIRC.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ Can you find out more on this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Please keep an eye out for pyRadio 3.8 in Extras Devel. Once you have it loaded and tested it for me let me know and I will promote it to Diablo Extras.

Right now pyRadio has an Enable FM menu button that is utterly pointless in the N8x0 I believe. The N800 has an FM Receiver but I don't think a transmitter.. if I'm wrong and you use it let me know and I'll move it.

I have simply changed that menu item to now act as an audio boost for devices without an FM transmitter.
As a long-time owner of a Nokia N800, I can absolutely confirm that there is only an FM receiver, no FM transmitter. So... good call.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I'm using 3.8 and I can't create stations on my phone. I can only do it from the web. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Also, if I open pyRadio in portrait mode, it doesn't display right (as opposed to open in landscape mode then rotate).

Last edited by zerocool2k; 2011-07-17 at 13:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerocool2k For This Useful Post:
Thanks Slvr and Dan for the information.

Addison, I'm sure Slvr is correct but really it doesn't matter. I handle the volume through OSSO with that button and since there is currently no other way to manipulate the audio inside pyradio (slider bar, plus/minus buttons/etc) ultimately the solution would be the same regardless of how we up the volume.

Zerocool - You have found a bug, I can't create one either. I broke something along the way - thanks for the heads up I'll get it fixed.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Thanks Slvr and Dan for the information.
I'm not sure it can be said enough, but thank YOU for continuing to support us N8x0'ers!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Hey Saint.

I couldn't add stations in 3.6 either and was going to the website just like zerocool was doing.

For me though, it was no big deal at all.

Anyway, I also use Vagalume (looks better but the music doesn't seem to be as good) and Xmms (offline music or online radio stations) so I was wondering if I could also boost the sound on these two apps as well.

That's the only reason why I asked slvr for any added info.

Ooh, I do have one question for ya.

What is the image resolution that Pandora squirts out for their cover album artwork?

It seems like Pyradio isn't keeping the correct aspect ratio for these and they come out quite blurry on the screen.

The exact resolution differs from album to album but it's generally very small.

I am not sure what the resolution of the real Pandora apps are but my Album Graphic area must just be larger than theirs so I have to 'stretch' it to fit. It was either that.. or show a little picture in the middle of the screen with a lot of dead black space..

PS: Regarding what SLVR said this seems to talk about it (using mplayer to boost volume) but from the quick look I read over that it's just a simple mplayer setting that will only work when using mplayer.. not boosting the volume for any app you use to play music.

Typically raising the volume like PCM or something on Linux is done with a tool like alsamixer .. but I don't know what could be done with OSSO.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2011-07-17 at 23:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
So the cover art needs to fill a specific area on the screen?

Zoom x2 wouldn't work?

Thanks for the response.

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio