Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
As I said before @CSSU folk: wtf? Do you really need a dependency on a specific version? Can't you make it depend on ≥1:2.2.140+0m5, rather than just =1:2.2.140+0m5?
Actually, I dont have CSSU installed Am I only the one facing this issue

The Following User Says Thank You to shrijith1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
one suggestion. since N900 recognize swipe from edge of screen both left and right . why dont to use it to change column in task switcher so it would be 3x3 or 2x2
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
In this case, you got both mixed - he has an upgraded version: the package depends on 1:2.2.140-1+0m5, and he has 1:2.2.142-13. (As I said before @CSSU folk: wtf? Do you really need a dependency on a specific version? Can't you make it depend on ≥1:2.2.140+0m5, rather than just =1:2.2.140+0m5?)
No, we can't, HAM doesn't show packages outside user/*, so unless the version is >= newest, it won't upgrade it.

Note that we depend on >=, not =

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
No, we can't, HAM doesn't show packages outside user/*, so unless the version is >= newest, it won't upgrade it.

Note that we depend on >=, not =
Okay, that note is greatly reassuing. (I should've already known this, now that I think about it.)

Actually my original statement is somewhat wrong because I had the impression he was running the CSSU - I effectively take back the "wtf" statement from my last post, and I certainly agree with >=[newest], I just thought he was on CSSU and thus thought the stock fw behavior was the CSSU one (which again in retrospect I realize was something I should've known better for in the first place).

shrijith1: Yes, this would mean non-CSSU people are going to have this problem. What you can do is unpackage the .deb file manually, and change the version string in the control file for the package, to match the one apt-get says it needs.

Info on how to do it is available on this forum, but if you can't find it through searching let us know and either I or someone else will tell you how whenever we get around to typing up an explanation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I love this phone and community more and more...
Thank you very much.. I hope you will implement this portret hildon-desktop to the next update of CSSU.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Palestine
i think its better to put the menu button at right bottom to be more comfortable to use ..

Last edited by ahmad_ajj; 2011-07-20 at 17:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahmad_ajj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ lisboa
thank you very much loved ...
Just a question not hurt and normal messages??

Awesome job man! Can you do 3 more screens, with another colour, and a transition between then? So we can have 4 individual screens, and make a real loop, without repetitions!

Originally Posted by zifis View Post
Oh, I can make it as dark as you want

How's that?

The Following User Says Thank You to amadeukaos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by scoobertron View Post
answering my own question, the relevant command is:

gconftool -s --type string /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/1/bg-image /PATH/TO/YOUR/BACKGROUND/IMAGE/imageFile.jpg

now I need to find out how to introduce a random element - unfortunately shuf doesnt seem to be available in the repos.
bash is your friend, it provides a nice env variable called ... "RANDOM":
Code:
echo $RANDOM
# or if you want a random number < 200:
echo $(($RANDOM % 200))
have fun!

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
just installed CSSU update and found out the hd_18_07_2011.deb is not working with that, can't even install..